An opportunity has become available in Labysmith. The Principal at Mnambithi TVET College is seeking to appoint a Personal Assistant.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRINCIPAL
REF NO: MTVET 01/2017
SALARY : R211 194 per annum, Level 07, plus benefits applicable in the Public Service
CENTRE : Campus/Site: Central Office
Senior Certificate/ Grade 12/NCV Level 4 plus Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Secretarial Studies/Office Administration/Management or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 3 years of secretarial experience and/or related administrative experience;
Knowledge And Skills:
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Above average computer skills in Ms Office Suites;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, minutes taking, telephone etiquette, organising and planning skills;
- High level of confidentiality and reliability;
- Knowledge of the relevant legislations, policies and procedures applicable in the public sector.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support service in the office of the Principal;
- Manage the Principal’s dairy, correspondence and workflow;
- Draft routine correspondence, develop and maintain an accessible and userfriendly filling system;
- Develop and maintain a good tracking system of incoming and outgoing documents;
- Receiving and screening telephone calls and refer them to the relevant office if not meant for the Principal;
- Make travel arrangements and facilitate the processing of travel and subsistence claims;
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with internal and external stake holders at all times;
- Make logistical arrangements for meetings and events;
- Take minutes during meetings and file them accordingly;
- Develop and prepare the Principal’s presentation for meetings;
- Appropriately handle queries directed to the Principal’s office and provide responses.
Mnambithi TVET College, HR Unit , Mnambithi TVET College, Private Bag X9903, Ladysmith, 3370. Alternatively, applications can be hand-delivered to Central Office, 77 Murchison Street, Ladysmith
NOTE : Candidates who wish to apply must forward certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, driver’s license, comprehensive CV and fully completed Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM (obtainable from all Government Departments), clearly indicating the post being applied for, quoting the relevant reference number on the Z83.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her foreign qualifications have been verified by South African Qualifications Authority and DHET.
Due to a large number of applications anticipated, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
The applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date should regard their applications as unsuccessful.
The College reserves the right not to fill posts. Mnambithi TVET College is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
CLOSING DATE : 10 March 2017 at 13:00
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to Apply