Netcare Parklands Hospital will be facilitating a 1 year training programme for two successful candidates, offering them the opportunity of becoming a Qualified Basic Pharmacist Assistant. Location Netcare Parklands Hospital
Reporting structure Pharmacy Manager
Pharmacist Assistants work closely with a Pharmacist to ensure safe and appropriate medication management.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Dispensing of medication under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist
- Advisory and information service / Primary Health Care Service under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Stock Control
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Assist Pharmacists in all aspects of dispensing, procurement and ethical stock control
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications and storage of medication to patients and other members in the health care team.
- Capture of in-patients and prescriptions and TTO’s
- Involvement in clinical pharmacy services under the supervision of a Pharmacist
- Manufacturing of galenicals and compounding of mixtures under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Management of designated stock area
- Involvement in all aspects of cyclical and full stock take process
- Keep updated with new developments in Pharmaceutical field
- Related administrative tasks pertaining to document flow and housekeeping tasks
- All administrative and reporting functions on Unisolve and SAP
- Effectively communicate with patients, pharmacists, ward staff and internal departments and handling of queries.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager
- Matric or Grade 12 with Mathematics, English, Biology/Life Sciences Printed copies of this document are uncontrolled and must be destroyed after use
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Netcare Values At Netcare, our core value is care. We care about the dignity of our patients and all members of the Netcare family. We care about the participation of our people and our partners in everything we do. We care about truth in all our actions.
We are passionate about quality care and professional excellence.
- Care – The basis of our business. The professional, ethical patient care and services we offer at every level of the organisation.
- Truth – The crucial element in building relationships that work. Open communication with honesty and integrity is essential.
- Dignity – An acknowledgement of the uniqueness of individuals. A commitment to care with the qualities of respect and understanding.
- Passion – The creative, passionate and innovative drive to do things better than before. To develop and implement successful healthcare solutions for all.
- Participation – The willingness and desire to work in productive and creative partnerships with others and the commitment to communicate.
The Netcare Way Netcare is committed to providing quality care. Our basic service standard holds us accountable for the below seven behaviours which you will be accountable to uphold:
- I always greet everyone to show my respect.
- I always wear my name badge to show my identity.
- I am always well groomed to show my dignity.
- I always practise proper hand hygiene to show my care.
- I always seek consent to show my compassion.
- I always say thank you to show my appreciation.
- I always embrace diversity to show I am not a racist.
APPLICATION PROCESS NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy.
Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to [email protected]
Please note that in line with the Group recruitment and selection policy, failure to inform your line manager will automatically disqualify your application. Please refer to the recruitment and selection policy for further details.
In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair an individual’s ability to perform the job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation
Closing date 14 March 2017