Internet Solutions (IS) is South Africa’s most established and experienced Converged Communications Service Provider. Since 1993 Internet Solutions has been providing end-to-end connectivity solutions and related services across the African continent. Internet Solutions is now also able to provide specific infrastructure facilities to customers, having received a full Electronic Communications Network Service (ECNS) license in 2009.
As a Product Development Engineer in the Cloud team, you will be responsible for In order to remain competitive within a rapidly evolving market place, IS Cloud is required to continually develop new products, and enhance existing products. The Product Development Engineer is required to assist the business in the identification, evaluation and implementation of new technologies to meet varying business requirements. Where required they will also be required to evaluate, and assist in optimising existing solutions in order to ensure technological alignment with business requirements.
What We Will Expect You To Do
As a Product Development Engineer You Will Need To
- All initiatives are to be reviewed from both business and technical perspectives.
- Driving the identification of appropriate technologies based requirements.
- Generation of appropriate evaluation methodologies based requirements.
- Product evaluation, functional and performance testing, based on requirements.
- Production and presentation of reports based on evaluations conducted.
- Participation in the development of strategies and direction for cloud solutions utilising current and emerging technologies.
- Participation in planning and recommendations for new and existing cloud products and services.
- Participates in ensuring technical and corporate compliance with established Enterprise Architecture principles.
- Participation in the evaluation and recommendation of new products.
- Maintenance and acquisition of knowledge of emerging technologies to enhance or improve existing Cloud products and services.
- Production of white papers on new technologies and services that IS may implement or have in existence.
- Definition of processes required for the implementation and support of new / existing technologies.
- Assistance in the automation of the deployment of new / existing products.
- Interface with third party vendors to determine new technologies that may enhance the existing IS products and services, or to create new ones.
- Participates in developing the Innovation and Cloud strategic roadmap.
- Presentation of solutions to both clients and internal stake-holders.
- Participates in building partnerships with project teams and works closely with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Participation in the development of project plans for the roll out of new or enhanced products.
- Assistance in the optimisation of business processes, minimising manual intervention in all tasks.
MEA-ZA-Gauteng-Johannesburg Head Office
Here’s What We Are Looking For In Candidates For This Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Networking, Virtualisation, Cloud Computing, Storage, VOIP, IP Telecommunications and/or Security.
- Expert level proficiency in at least three of the following technology areas:
- Networking Technologies (SDN / NFV / Conventional)
- Virtualisation Technologies (VMware / Hyper-V / KVM)
- Cloud Platforms (vCloud / OpenStack / SCVMM )
- Storage Platforms ( Software Defined / FC / iSCSI )
- Voice Technologies (VoIP, SIP and other )
- Security Technologies (Firewalling / IPS / IDS )
- High level of proficiency with the following operating systems
- Linux (All popular distributions)
- Windows (All recent releases)
- Competence in the following solution areas:
- Web Hosting
- Willing to grow within an organization;
- Presentable, professional
- Communicate well with customers at all levels.
If you are up for the challenge and someone who can think outside the box apply today!