Posted on :
17 Nov, 2015
17 Nov, 2015
In delivering ‘social science that makes a difference’, the Research Programmes of the Human Sciences Research Council initiate and undertake policy-oriented research projects and programmes from its offices in Cape Town, Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria. Its public-purpose mandate is set out in the Human Sciences Research Council Act of 2008.
The HIV/AIDS, STI’s and Tuberculosis (HAST) research programme specialises in research on the social determinants of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections and tuberculosis. The research strives to address these health problems at their source, namely, at both the social and population levels. It also includes social aspects of delivery models for biomedical interventions in order to optimise delivery of interventions.
The Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance (SAHARA) is a unit within the HAST Programme. The mission of SAHARA is to bring together key partners (civil society, donor and international organisations, researchers, policy makers, and people living with HIV and AIDS) to influence policy and responses through the production and dissemination of evidence-based research on the social aspects of HIV and AIDS.
The Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance (SAHARA), a unit within the HAST Research Programme seeks to appoint a Project Administrator for the MSM surveillance Project.
1 x Project Administrator (Port Elizabeth based freelance contracts of 6 months)
The HSRC is collaborating with ANOVA Health Institution and the University of California (San Francisco (UCSF) in conducting a study entitled “Integrated Biological Behavioral Survey with Population Size Estimation using Respondent Driven Sampling among Men who have sex with Men”.
This project aims to estimate the population size and distribution of MSM in Port Elizabeth as well as their burden of HIV. The MSM surveillance project seeks the services of a Project Administrator, who will perform project-related administrative functions
• Responsible for generating invoices and contracts;
• Work as the project liaison to HSRC as well as HSRC finance department;
• Assisting with administrative requirements for all HSRC paperwork;
• Work with the financial administrator to ensure the project activities are compliant with internal requirements at HSRC;
• Coordinate appointments for the study participants to control overcrowding at the site ;
• Attend to and manage all participant emergencies;
• Report any untoward incidents that may be observed or reported by the study participants;
• Ensure that there is enough on-site supply of materials for the study process.
• Provide detailed list of inventory supplies at the site and replenishing supplies
• Post Matric qualification
• Experience with administrative work;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Familiarity with HIV;
• Familiarity with and sensitivity around MSM community;
• Attention to detail;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Good organizational skills;
• Basic computer skills.
The HSRC offers attractive, market-related packages depending on qualifications and experience.
Application Process: In your application, please include your CV, a letter of motivation (indicate clearly the position you are applying for), and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details. The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
NB: Applications must be forwarded to Ms Mamello Theledi:[email protected]. For further enquiries, and not applications, please contact Dr Batlile Maseko on 041 393 9502 or by email at [email protected]
Closing time and date for submission is 16.30 on 20 November 2015.
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. – See more at: http://www.hsrc.ac.za/en/jobs/social-aspects-of-hiv-aids-research-alliance-sahara/project-administrator-nov-2015#sthash.Jx1QmUis.dpuf