Posted on :
26 Jun, 2015
26 Jun, 2015
Eaton is a power management company with sales of over $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton Electric SA in Wadeville has an opening for a Project Manager.
The position of Project Manager is in support of the South African manufacturing and engineering departments. The individual must have a strong work ethic and the ability to foresee and overcome problems to deliver projects on time and within budget.
The Project manager will be required to:
• Use modern project management tools and techniques to execute projects related to the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrical power system modifications.
• Deliver projects with a high degree of professionalism and safety, using his/her knowledge of electrical engineering, substation design, & construction safety.
• Have full responsibility for his/her assigned projects and authority to complete them from inception to scope development, planning, execution, management of people and resources.
• Have the discipline to create clear and achievable cost, quality, and schedule objectives and follow these objectives through to successful completion.
• Provide technical leadership to the production, sales & service teams and all other stakeholder’s in the projects.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Manages & maintains the commercial contracts between Eaton and its customers.
• Estimates, prepares, submits, and manages change orders between customer and Eaton.
• Manages and communicates the scope of work & responsibilities between Eaton’s customers, Eaton’s employees, & Eaton’s suppliers / sub-contractors.
• Establishes, and manages the contract(s) between Eaton and its vendors & subcontractors.
• Plans, establishes, maintains, and regularly updates a project schedule on assigned projects.
• Manages communication, and distributes documentation between Eaton and its customers
• Monitors, reports, and controls costs on assigned projects within estimated project margin.
• Reports, forecasts, and presents project financial activity to Eaton’s management.
• Prepares, distributes, and follows through with project safety plan.
• Responsible for financial performance of project including: profitability, project revenue, and cash flow.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing electrical projects.
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
• Strong knowledge of project Management principles
• Demonstrates ability to effectively interface with high level management
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft products, AutoCAD, Visio)
• Requires some travel, including overnight, but not more than 25%
• Experienced negotiator and has conducted numerous face-to-face negotiations.
• Participated in global contract negotiations. • Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
• Adept at successful project execution. • Strong experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
• Experience managing field service engineer/technician roles.
• PMI certification a plus.
How to Apply