Posted on :
3 Aug, 2015
3 Aug, 2015
The Omnia spirit underpins its service ethic, brings innovation to the fore, creates value for its customers and ensures integrity in all that it does. The Omnia Group comprises a balanced and diversified range of complementary chemical services businesses with a broad geographic spread. The Group extracts operational synergies and efficiencies across its businesses. It has been in business since 1953 and is listed in the Chemicals sector of the Johannesburg Securities Exchange.
Qualifications: BSc/BEng degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, post-graduate qualification in project management would be advantageous.
Experience: At least 8 years’ experience of which 2 years involve the management of projects at some level.
• Costing of projects at various class levels
• Planning and implementation of all project work including related and unrelated work packages.
• Stakeholder identification and management at all stages of the project.
• Ratification of engineering designs through consultation with respective disciplines.
• Management of RFQ and Tendering processes.
• Contract establishment and management with internal and external clients.
• Identify and harness synergies between any of the businesses and optimise costs on projects which may cross over businesses.
• Ability to manage basic engineering packages and assist with detailed engineering project work where necessary.
• Management and adherence to EIA and MHI requirements as specified by legislation.
• Cost and schedule management ensuring that project deliverables are met.
• Ensure technical correctness of all engineering work through design and execution phases.
• Management of all engineering disciplines and ensure that good engineering practice is followed throughout all phases of the project including operation.
• Ensure construction safety and health regulations are adhered to.
• Setting up a scope of work for all phases of a project together with the relevant stakeholders.
• Management of scope creep and an understanding of scope change management processes.
• Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements. Must have experience in Microsoft Projects.
• Co-ordinate and manage the technical vendor submittals for evaluation in the tender adjudication process
• Develop standards and specifications for systems and procedures for all project work as required.
• Attend and arrange when needed, project meetings, HAZOP studies, client meetings, clarification meetings, inspections, construction site visits.
• Contractor and contract management
* Ability to read, read understand and comment on civil, process (chemical), E&I and mechanical drawings
* Understands the project and product lifecycle phases of projects and how they need to be managed
* Excellent technical and project problem solving skills
* People management (Relationship skills)
* Communication skills – written and verbal
* Project Management skills
* MS Office, MS Projects, ACAD basic
* Ability to use EAM/QAD to do cost reporting on project status feedback
* Knowledge and understanding of construction safety regulations as prescribed by the OHS Act.
* Ability to lead under pressure
* Well versed in engineering standards
* Understands and is able to enforce legal and technical compliance requirements for various engineering disciplines.
How to Apply