Project Quality Manager at WorleyParsons
Position reports to: Functional: Quality Manager – Projects
Line: Project Manager
Strengthen and lead the WorleyParsons quality function within the Project to ensure effective engagement and coaching of our people and stakeholders in the Company’s Quality Management principles and objectives.
Facilitate the effective implementation of the WorleyParsons Project Management Process (WPMP), Enterprise Management System (EMS) within the Project in a manner that meets corporate, location and contractual requirements.
Ensure effective service and product verification and inspection programs are established consistent with criticality assessments and contractual and regulatory obligations.
Develop relationships and work closely with Project Management Team and the
WorleyParsons RSA Quality community.
Demonstrate behaviour and practices consistent with managerial, personal, co- worker and community duty of care obligations in terms of the WorleyParsons, OneWay enterprise-wide integrity management framework.
Work with the RSA Quality and HSE personnel and the respective Hub Management Teams to ensure that all areas of Location operations conform to applicable WorleyParsons Quality, regulatory and contractual HSE obligations.
As the element owner for RSA, demonstrate initiative and drive Element 12.
2. Quality Management
Work with the Project Management Team to ensure:
· Project Management Systems are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the WorleyParsons Project Management Process (WPMP), Enterprise Management System (EMS) and are consistent with specific location, regulatory and contractual requirements.
· Personnel are suitably trained to access and apply WPMP and EMS.
· Effectiveness of quality planning to ensure that process controls and prerequisite product and service verification and inspection arrangements are established for each purchase order/contract consistent with criticality, statutory and contractual obligations.
· Effective implementation and coordination of supplier assessment and inspection activities for the Project as applicable.
· Manage and continually improve the Project Management System in conjunction with the Location Quality Manager.
Effective implementation and verification of construction inspection and testing activities in association with the Project Construction Management Team.
Effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
Preparation and submission of a monthly Quality progress report to the Location Quality Manager.
Establishment of an effective risk based audit program. Perform quality audits that address ISO 9001 requirements including covering technical requirements of the engineering, procurement and construction aspects of project delivery.
· Effectiveness of project and location management review programs including collection analysis and reporting of Key Performance Indicators aligned to the Location and Project.
3. Capability Enhancement
· Contribute to the development of quality strategies and objectives aligned to the WorleyParsons mission and differentiators.
· Support the Location quality learning community initiative to enable quality professionals to communicate with each other and receive updates on latest developments.
· Support in-house education, promotion and awareness programs relating to sound quality management practice and WorleyParsons quality strategies.
· Facilitate the implementation of existing and new Company processes and capability enhancements within the Project.
· Determine areas of potential improvement and in consultation with the Location Quality Management Team and applicable Project Functional Leads to facilitate the implementation of improvements to address these areas.
4. Customer Relationships
· Ensure that customer quality management requirements and concerns and the needs of multiple stakeholders are being identified and managed effectively.
· In conjunction with the Location and Project Management Teams recruit and allocate quality practitioners to the Project with sufficient and capable quality management expertise and that quality workload is balanced.
6. Performance Management
In conjunction with the Project Management Team and the Location Quality Management
· Provide functional leadership for the Project personnel.
Provide support in the continual development of the Quality personnel within the Project.
· Provide input to the Local Management Team and Location Quality Management Team on succession planning for the key roles within the Project.
· Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive industry experience, typically 10 years of which a significant period will have been in Quality Management. Project Quality Management experience on at least one significant and major project covering Engineering, Procurement and Construction activities.
· Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the implementation and improvement of management systems, demonstrable capability in setting up and auditing to ISO 9001 compliant processes with a particular focus on Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management.
· Team player with excellent leadership skills.
· Communication skills – verbal, written – to report standard and presentation skills, communicates effectively and professionally in a range of situations across the organisational structure, with customers and external certification and regulatory bodies.
· Demonstrable capabilities in planning and organising projects and activities to meet operational requirements e.g. Quality planning and resourcing for key projects and/or offices to ensure they are suitably resourced with sufficient and capable quality management expertise.
· Experience in managing a team of quality practitioners across a portfolio of projects.
· Able to develop and implement problem solving strategies using expertise as required.
· Appropriate technical discipline and / or Quality Management (QA and QC) qualifications and proven experience.
· Eligible for Lead Auditor registration or equivalent.
· Ideally Quality Management qualification and experience in the field of Hydrocarbons arenas – Sasol Project Experience will be an advantage.
Note: This Job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by employees within this position. The actual qualifications, duties, responsibilities, activities and deliverables may vary based on assignment or project and are not limited to those listed.
This is a project based position, although this will require travel between the respective centers in the growth and support of the WorleyParsons RSA Quality community.