Posted on :
19 Sep, 2013
19 Sep, 2013
Employee category Regular
AutoReqId – 59172BR
Business Function – Operational Excellence
Group – Industrial/HYD
Division – Hydraulics
Level 3-5 years
Travel Required Up to 10 percent
The primary function of this position is to provide Operational Excellence (OpEx), Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), Quality (EQS) and Environmental, health and safety (EHS) leadership to the site in support of the General Manager.
• Ensures effective deployment and assessment of EBS tools and processes
• Integrates OpEx, EQS, CIF, ELSS and EHS with other functions
• Establishes smart goals, provides analysis and reporting on performance metrics and develops appropriate actions to achieve the business objectives.
• Works in tandem with the Regional OpEx Manager on cross functional initiatives to drive business excellence in all functions and levels of the organisation.
• Carries out Internal and external benchmarking and interfacing with the Regional, Divisional and Group resources on EBS processes.
Provides guidance and support to functional peers
• Demonstrates managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
• Ability to manage, develop direct and indirect subordinates
• Acts as an agent of change, effective in enabling and driving change
• Delivers all communication with clarity, impact and passion, and tailored to the audience
• Has strong team-building and organizational skills
• Ability to lead and support cross-functional teams
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering, and/or Quality
• 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on Quality, Lean, EHS program management and Continuous improvement.
• A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic planning and project management
• Training in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Eaton Business Excellence Criteria, Project Management, Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc.),
• Certified Internal Quality Auditor an advantage
• Mature Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
• Customer contact experience
• Proficiency in local languages an advantage.
Relocation benefit provided? No
Region Europe, Middle East, Africa
Country South Africa
How to Apply