The position will provide direct support to the Marketing Manager Jack Daniel’s Trademark in South Africa. The role is responsible for co-developing strategic marketing initiatives, managing tactical marketing efforts and supporting the Marketing Manager on the following brands: Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Gentleman Jack, and Jack Daniel’s RTDs. The role is fundamental in the development and implementation of the Jack Daniel’s brand strategies and tactics in Southern Africa. (95% South Africa; 5% Export markets).
The role involves working across the Jack Daniel’s premium portfolio, RTD’s and limited editions and adopting the marketing initiatives generated in collaboration with the local agency and global brand teams plus sharing ‘Best Practice’ with other markets in the business.
The role partners closely with the local B-F distributor and their trade marketing team to develop and implement brand strategies and plans based on solid consumer and shopper insight, market analysis, and evaluation of competitor performance.
The role will execute brand plans to an agreed time plan and budget and is responsible for assisting with the evaluation of all activities, and reporting back results to the business in a timely manner.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead and manage the digital media plan and social media community with agency partners and the IMEA Digital Marketing Manager, managing the process from global best practice and adapting it to the local consumer needs.
- Project Management of all new product launches (concept, packaging design, local approvals to market implementation)
- Manage ultra premium “Personal Selection program” and develop and implement the American Whiskey, strategy working closely with the consumer facing whiskey ambassador.
- Manage all branded event properties from concept, communication, event implementation and reporting.
- Assisting in brand planning process and implementation of brand plan throughout the year.
- Lead and manage music recruitment program.
- Budget management and reporting.
- Reporting & Analytics, mining consumer insights from available data.
- Support and assist on all locally created or adapted ATL communication assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Marketing Communications, International Marketing or similar discipline.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in medium to large FMCG, classical brand marketing department, ideally with alcoholic beverage experience.
- Proven progressive consumer marketing experience with brands that utilize music, entertainment, local South African personalities or brand collaborations to build connection to millennial consumers.
- Deep understanding of the South African macro consumer landscape and millennial consumers.
- Professional knowledge of the South Africa On and Off Trade alcoholic beverage business.
- Distributor or major/lead agency collaboration and relationship building experience.
- New product launch to consumer and trade experience.
- Lead and managed small- medium consumer facing projects, communications or campaigns.
- CRM experience
- Event management experience.
- Active user (in business & personally) of digital communications and social media.
- Good understanding of digital media buying principles and social media community management.
- Commercially astute, with proven business acumen, understanding of Sales and Finance.
- Marketing budgeting and tracking experience.
- Wide-ranging experience of the major marketing disciplines: brand strategy development, positioning development, insight generation to unlock growth, short and long term brand planning, major advertising, communications, CRM strategy development, media strategy and planning, digital strategy, research and TTL campaign integration
- Post graduate qualification –Master’s Degree in Marketing or Post Graduate diploma
- Previous experience in the beverage alcohol industry or other high image or trend setting marketing categories
- South African equity candidates, who have resided in one of South Africa’s metropolitan cities in the last 5 years
Key success factors:
- Effective implementation of brand plans to deliver targets in budget and on time.
- Eager, flexible, pro-active and hands on.
- Solutions driven and highly adaptable.
- Professional, enthusiastic and has an entrepreneur, “can do” attitude
- Team player, “no job is below my pay grade” attitude.
- Social people person who is keen to build good relationships with distributor and agency partners
- Analytical ability to use data and tell a story and offer solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willing to travel ( locally and internationally)
- Must be able and willing to adjust working hours, from time to time, according to the specifications of the job to be completed- consumer connections may involve time spent in event and on trade over weekends or evenings.
- PowerPoint & Excel proficient
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We’re on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.