Posted on :
1 May, 2010
SA Express is a domestic and regional, passenger and cargo carrier established on 24 April 1994. SA Express has since become one of the fastest growing regional airlines in Africa. SA Express recruits Airports Manager (Gaborone) – Job Ref: SA 3409
The above NEW vacancy exists at SA Express. Applications are invited from suitable candidates to the above position.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The overall purpose of the job is to improve efficiencies of the daily management of station’s operations. The Airports Manager position has been created to remove pressure from the Country Manager. This position will have a dual reporting to the Country Manager and EM Airport Operations and OCC.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
• Airports Operations Management
o Ensure that station infrastructure and services are maintained optimally and effectively.
o Ensure the effective maintenance of all vehicles, plant and equipment.
o Ensure that the Airports administrative duties are performed
o Pro-active management of On Time Performance (OTP)
o Facilitate, coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders to ensure on-time departures and provide efficient delivery of service to customers
o Work closely and proactively with various internal and external stakeholders
o Management of 3rd party contracts
• Budget / Expenditure management
o Prepare budgets for the effective functioning of the station.
o Establish cost control measures and identification of opportunities to reduce expenses.
o Compliance to the PFMA standards
• Manage Service Delivery
o Monitor and maintain acceptable customer service delivery standards
o Ensure that Service Level agreements are defined, agreed and adhered to
o Targets are agreed with Service Providers / Handling Companies
o Service Improvement opportunities are identified and implemented
• Manage and lead the station employees
o Ensure effective numbers of staff are selected and retained to accommodate operational requirements.
o Ensure employee performance on an on-going bases
o Ensure discipline is maintained at all times – implement all HR policies and procedures.
o Identify training needs and on the job training requirements and ensure that employee training and development is done.
o Hold regular staff meeting
o Ensure effective communications at all times
• Safe work environment.
o Maintain safe working conditions at the station
o Monitor Airports Operation’s compliance with safety standards and procedures
o Implement safety improvement procedures.
o Ensure compliance to CAA
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12, aviation indoctrination & flight operations management
• BCom Aviation Management will be an added advantage
• 3-5 years in airports operations environment
• 3-5 years experience in people management
• Knowledge of Civil Aviation safety policies and procedures
• Statutory requirements, rules and regulations
• Customer Centric
• Ability to lead
• People management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Above average ability to pay attention to detail
• Must be able and willing to work on shift basis
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team player
• Proactive in all facets of the job
Closing Date:06 May 2010.
Appointment to this position would be done in accordance with SA Express Employment Equity target and policy