Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the above position based at Addo
Elephant National Park. The incumbent will be responsible for communications functions in 4
National Parks (Addo Elephant National Park near Port Elizabeth, Mountain Zebra National
Park near Cradock, Karoo National Park near Beaufort West & Camdeboo National Park in
Graaff-Reinet) The successful candidate’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to
• Develop and implement a regional communications strategy in line with the corporate communications strategy.
• Develop and maintain media relations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
• Advise Regional / Park Managers on key stakeholder issues.
• Identify, plan and coordinate events in the Parks.
• Draw up a business plan for the region with related budget annually.
• Ensure that all published information conforms to corporate communications standards.
• Manage the website for the region.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Computer Literacy
• Understanding of the Public Access to Information Act (PAIA), public relations code of
ethics and relevant industry related legislation
• Media Relations principles and practices
• Events Management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work long hours, without supervision, with strong attention to detail
• Be in possession of a BA degree / National Diploma Journalism/Communications or
Public Relations and have at least 3 years in corporate communications coordinating
media liaison, events management, public relations.
• A background in nature conservation / biological sciences / tourism will serve as an
Interested persons who meet the above stated qualifications should forward their applications and
detailed Curriculum vitae to the following address:
Att: Megan Taplin
Addo Elephant National Park, PO Box 52, Addo, 6105
Fax: 042 2338643, Attention: Megan Taplin
E-mail: [email protected]
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date please accept that your
application was not successful.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE NEW JOBS BY EMAIL AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.