Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the above position based at Addo
Elephant National Park. The incumbent will be responsible for communications functions in 4
National Parks (Addo Elephant National Park near Port Elizabeth, Mountain Zebra National
Park near Cradock, Karoo National Park near Beaufort West & Camdeboo National Park in
Graaff-Reinet) The successful candidate’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to
• Develop and implement a regional communications strategy in line with the corporate communications strategy.
• Develop and maintain media relations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
• Advise Regional / Park Managers on key stakeholder issues.
• Identify, plan and coordinate events in the Parks.
• Draw up a business plan for the region with related budget annually.
• Ensure that all published information conforms to corporate communications standards.
• Manage the website for the region.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Computer Literacy
• Understanding of the Public Access to Information Act (PAIA), public relations code of
ethics and relevant industry related legislation
• Media Relations principles and practices
• Events Management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work long hours, without supervision, with strong attention to detail
• Be in possession of a BA degree / National Diploma Journalism/Communications or
Public Relations and have at least 3 years in corporate communications coordinating
media liaison, events management, public relations.
• A background in nature conservation / biological sciences / tourism will serve as an
Interested persons who meet the above stated qualifications should forward their applications and
detailed Curriculum vitae to the following address:
Att: Megan Taplin
Addo Elephant National Park, PO Box 52, Addo, 6105
Fax: 042 2338643, Attention: Megan Taplin
E-mail: [email protected]
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date please accept that your
application was not successful.