The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Technology (DST) offering you the chance to apply for their 2016 bursaries.
Keep your dreams alive!
Do you have a dream of where you want to be? Are you focused on the end goal?
Is further study an essential part of that dream and end goal?
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) could be the vehicle for your career-success.
SANSA invites prospective students to apply for our bursaries for study in the 2015 as well as 2016 academic year.
We look for individuals who are achievement driven, passionate and distinctive by thinking and ready to accept new and greater challenges.
Our bursary programme offers opportunities for students studying in a Space related field.
Specific Areas for which opportunities for students are available include but are not limited to:
- Aeronautical Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Aerospace Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Climate Change (PhD/post-doctoral)
- Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Geomagnetically-induced currents to help mitigate against power failures (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD/post-doctoral)
- Ionospheric structure and dynamics to improve satellite navigation (Hons, MSc or PhD)
- Physics of Antarctic space weather (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
- Mechanical Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Software Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Systems (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Software Systems Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Space Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Space Weather models for aviation and military communications (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
- Systems Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Antenna and RF system Engineering
- Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from previous degree
- Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
- Planning to enrol for Honours, Masters and DTech / PhD
- Meet the minimum entry level requirements for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
- Identify the general research area of their interest (specific projects will be tailored to each student)
Closing Date for Applications: 31 October 2015
Click Here to BURSARY PAGE