SAPPI bursary scheme is intended to cater for talented, high flyers and innovative young South African citizens.
It is a talent-based approached where applicants who meet the minimum criteria may be invited to a selection interview.
Sappi awards a number of bursaries each year based on our annual skills audit and business needs.
Sappi invites students/undergraduates who are interested in studying through Sappi’s bursary scheme to apply for our bursary programme in the following study fields:
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Forestry
- National Diploma in Forestry
Applications for Bursaries open from August to September every year.
Who may apply?
South African citizens studying or intending to study full time at any South African accredited Universities.
Bursaries are for school leavers and current university students aged between 18 and 25 years.
How do I apply?
You need to submit the following documents:
- Submit or forward your CV
- Motivation letter/Covering letter
- Grade 12 (Mid-year results)
- Academic transcripts if already at the university.
Required minimum qualifications criteria
- South African citizen
- An average of 70-80% in Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy); 70-80% in Physical Science and 65% in English
- Must have qualifying points for entrance at the university or acceptance confirmation
- Current university results would be considered for undergraduates students.
- Please note: Preference would be given to learners with an average of 75% and above in Mathematics and Physical Science.
Interested persons, who meet the above requirements, are invited to:
eMail their CV, motivational letter and results to: [email protected] OR
Post your applications to:
The ETQA Manager, Human Resources, Sappi Southern Africa Ltd, PO Box 31560, Braamfontein, 2001 OR Hand in their applications at their local HR Department.
Click Here to SAPPI BURSARY PAGE