RE- ADVERT EXTERNAL ADVERT
Closing date for applications: 18 December 2013
Ref. No: TPS0218
Job Title: Manager: HRBP
Position Reports to: Senior Manager: HR
Division: HR Ops
To manage, monitor & control the provision of a comprehensive Human Resources service to the regional & branch offices to ensure compliance with HR policies, application & implementation of sound HR management practices.
To manage the development & implementation of frameworks, strategies & solutions that would positively impact the human resources within SARS.
The Human Resources Manager will keep abreast of HR practices & processes & will advise & support Senior Management to transform SARS as a world class organisation.
The Human Resources Manager coordinates implementation of services, policies & programmes through human resources staff & assists & advises business about human resources issues.
- Ensure continuous collaboration & partnership with leadership team within allocated area of responsibility
- Align the divisional practices with best practices in HR field
- Facilitate strategic and/or operational plans, projects & programs
- Create recruiting, talent management, performance management & reward & recognition strategies for the business unit
- Direct & manage HR programs for the business unit/division
- Review business & HR performance measures & advise management on the human capital implications
- Facilitate compliance with appropriate corporate strategies/regulations/policies
- Realign HR to ensure tacit partnership to ensure operational excellence
- Contribute to the development of & then interpret, implement & maintain the HR policies & practices.
- Provide advisory/consultation on HR Information Systems to support business strategy
- Interface between the regional & head office regarding the administration of employment benefits & conditions to ensure that employee queries are attended to timeously & accurate reports for management purposes are kept
- Manage & monitor the recruitment process in the region to ensure that skilled & competent staff are recruited & retained in line with SARS’ recruitment policy, AA & applicable legislation standards.
- Co-ordinate the Job Evaluation process in terms of the approved job grading system to ensure that job descriptions of new jobs or substantive changes of responsibilities are managed appropriately terms of the issues.
- Monitor employee morale & facilitate true employee engagement (as per SARS Employee engagement model)
- Align employee capability with business strategy
- Monitor Industrial Relations & provide appropriate advice to Management to promote sound labour relations environment:
- Identify potential IR problems & develop proactive action plan in conjunction with the Employment Relations Manager in order to avert before they result in disputes.
- Facilitate the human resources development interventions to ensure that staff is properly trained & skilled to improve performance & enhance organizational growth
Knowledge & Skills:
- HR Legislation, policies, processes, systems & procedures
- Change Management
- Conflict Management
- Performance Management
- Talent Resourcing
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor degree in HR behavioral sciences or HR Management. An Honours degree in behavioral sciences or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Six years hands on experience in a unionized HR environment of which three years must be in a unionized environment.
- At least 4 years experience at a HR managerial level
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- advise on the merits, difficulties and appropriate implementation mechanisms associated with HR work
- advise on strategic human resource development matters
- identify ethical issues facing the organisation and dealing with stakeholders
- use influence and persuasion to further HR goals
- designing programmes aimed at resolving problems of poor performance, collective or individual
- prioritising, planning and delegating work to a team of subordinates
- the types of strategy adopted by organisations and the importance of strategic HR reviews , monitoring and benchmarking
- Knowledge and understanding of general business issues and Wellness global standards
- all relevant labour legislation
Apply online before 18/12/2013.