SARS Recruits Specialist: Data Analytics
- To analyse and provide expert advice on data analysis strategy in order to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct assessments and use information to advise, make recommendations and facilitate improvement.
- Utilise understanding of functional area, legislation and mandate to make recommendations to the functional strategy.
- Select, develop and assess the applicability of methods and techniques to be applied within the functional work unit.
- Apply the necessary discretion and judgment in making decisions and overcoming obstacles in order to attain set goals and objectives.
- Note potential problems and obstacles, accumulate supporting data and initiate actions to prevent or overcome predicted problems as may be identified.
- Build strong relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations.
- Monitor and promote the application of governance and required legal compliance in the context of policy and processes.
- Undertake information gathering, research and analyse data within broad guidelines to produce accurate plans & or recommendations for business issues.
- Research and support workable recommendations/solutions that meet business needs through information analysis.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and leadership in area of expertise.
- Integrate new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Comply with organisational internal control and governance standards in finance and procurement processes.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- 4 years’ experience in information management related environment
- B degree in Information Science or a related field
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Ability to determine trends from raw data to assist decision-making in various aspects of work at SARS
- Activities, tasks and practices associated with obtaining and using high level of knowledge in business areas, functions and products
- Understanding and application of the discipline of policy analysis, approaches, roles and methods
- Commitment to continuous learning is the commitment to think about current and future development needs
- Adaptability is the willingness to alter behaviour, opinions or actions in the light of new information
- Must be able to display and build the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct in order to promote confidence and trust in the organisation
- Shows an ability and willingness to align own behaviour with the needs, priorities, and goals of SARS
- The knowledge and interpretation of the functional policies and procedures, including monitoring their consistent application internally within SARS
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating model
Apply online before 16/12/2013.