Posted on :
23 Oct, 2014
23 Oct, 2014
The trainees in this role will be exposed to rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, as well as providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators.
The ideal candidates will have the following requirements:
• N6 / S4 Electronic Engineering qualification • with good academic results
• In search of Field service training • Satellite Technology course work
• Understanding of microwave principles, applications and telecommunications
• Proficient in English language and good communication skills
• Computer literate • Have a valid driver’s licence.
The successful candidates will:
• Operate, maintain and monitor Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with satellite operations
• Earth-Observation satellite services
• Participate in TT&C operations which involves the rendering of ground segment services to SLV’s (Satellite launch vehicles)
• Launch, Transfer-orbit support operations, LEOP (launch and early-orbit operations)to international clients
• Monitoring of own and hosted systems, equipment and infrastructure.