The Trust’s scholarships provide funding to study on a full-time, part-time or distance-learning basis for a first-time undergraduate degree/diploma (including BTech) at an accredited Higher Education Institution in South Africa.
The Old Mutual Education Trust was founded by Old Mutual as part of the Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transaction announced in April 2005.
The Trust provides scholarships for higher education to members and staff of theses participating trade unions, and their dependants.
- DENOSA (Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa).
- NATU (National Teachers’ Union).
- NEHAWU (National Education Health and Allied Workers’ Union).
- NUM (National Union of Mine Workers)
- PEU (Professional Educators’ Union)
- POPCRU (Police and Prisons’ Civil Rights Union)
- SACCAWU (South African Commercial, Catering and Allied Workers’ Union).
- SACWU (South African Chemical Workers’ Union)
- SADTU (South African Democratic Teachers’ Union).
- SASBO (The Finance Union)
The Scholarship covers
- Registration and tuition fees.
- Prescribed books and other approved study materials.
- Accommodation and meals in a residence administered by the Higher Education Institution for students studying on a full time basis.
The courses covered by the scholarship are
- Agricultural Studies
- Architectural and Environmental Studies
- Biological, Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Business, Commerce and Management Sciences/Studies
- Computer Science and Data Processing
- Education – including Advanced Certificate in Education (ACE)
- Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Health Care and Health Sciences
- Industrial Arts, Trade and Technology
- Mathematical Sciences
You may apply only if you are
- A member or staff member of one of the participating Trade Unions.
- A child of a member or staff member, and are under the age of 25.
- A grandchild or other child blood relation of the member or staff member, and are under the age of 25, and are solely financially dependent on the member
Applications close on 31 July 2016.
Click Here to OLD MUTUAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION