Posted on :
1 Aug, 2012
1 Aug, 2012
Senior Brand Building Manager
Unilever Head Office – Durban (La Lucia Ridge)
Reporting to and Title
Marketing Director – Fabric Cleaning – SA
2 direct reports
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS (ROLE REQUIREMENTS)
Experience and Level
• Minimum 3 to 4 years relevant management experience in Brand Building/ Brand Development and/or Customer Development.
• Business planning and implementation experience as well as project management
Purpose of the Role
• Leads a multifunctional team to launch Innovation and Renovation in the market place and monitors performance of the support plans.
• Leads cross-functional teams in developing and executing support plans
• Leads the Brand Marketing Planning process
Key Stake Holders
• Brand Building Director
• Brand Development Team
• Customer Development
• Multi-functional “deployment team” e.g. Customer Development, Finance, Legal
• External agencies e.g. activation, in-store, sponsorship, PR
INNOVATION and RENOVATION
• Responsible for management of multifunctional teams to:
• Launches Innovation and renovation
• Leads the development of draft and final channel plans
• Building launch plans, activities and channel strategies (promotions, media and POS),
• Helps to develop the customer selling story
• Legal & regulatory issues.
IN MARKET ACTIVITIES
• With Customer Development, sets national level brand KPI’s and channel marketing
strategy and identify relevant in-store solutions.
• Developing detailed Brand activity plans
• Leading the execution and monitoring activities in Trade
BRAND MARKETING PLAN
• Leads integrated Brand Marketing Plan development and deployment:
• Brand audit, Jobs to be done, 8Qactivity plans, Scorecards & in-market pricing.
• Proposes brand activity and measurable objectives
BRAND MONITORING & OPTIMISING
• Responsible for the brand P&L & help drive profitability of the brand.
• Monitors brand performance to implement appropriate plan changes.
• Provides input to volume forecasting.
• Financial updates and monitors key indicators and drivers of brand performance (6P’s).
• Recommends solutions and implement improvements to meet annual targets.
• Team development and coaching
• Growth Mindset: A strong focus on growth through a winning, competitive mindset
• Consumer Focus: Highlighting the criticality of putting our consumers & customers first
• Bias for Action: A heightened emphasis on speed and urgency in all our actions
• Building Talent & Team: Strong desire to invest in people’s development
• Accountability & Responsibility: Holding oneself accountable to the highest standard
• Understanding into Consumer and customer Insight
• Strategy, Plans & Brands
• Innovation, Renovation, NILG
• Creating Communication
• In market Activation
10th August 2012
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Description||VACANCY NOTICE – SENIOR BRAND BUILDING MANAGER|
TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY
Visit http://jobs.unilever.com to apply on-line
NOTE: NO FAXED CV’S WILL BE ACCEPTED