Operations invite applications from qualified Electrical Engineering Technician/Students for a one year Learnership programme which will include among other activities, installation and maintenance of transmitter technologies infrastructure on Sentech sites and client’s premises.
The prospective applicant should have the following:
- A valid S4/N6 National Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering Light current with a theoretical knowledge of electronics and radio frequency technologies.
- A telephone and be contactable
- Appropriate theoretical knowledge of installation and/or maintenance of technologies not limited to the following :
- FM, TV transmitters and relevant test equipment
- Audio distribution systems including STL equipment
- Satellite receiver equipment
- Antennas, R/F systems and circuits
- Video and audio distribution systems
- Digital compression/ encryption systems
- VSAT installations and commissioning
- Telemetry, computer and data radio systems
- High power transmitter maintenance experience
- Knowledge of audio and radio frequency signal measurements
- A code 08 (EB) drivers licence will be an added advantage
- Be prepared to perform Standby duties on a rotation basis and be available for call outs in the events of emergencies.
- Be prepared to drive long distances and work long hours when required
- Be prepared to work away from home on regular basis
- Ability and willingness to climb masts of up to 300m
- Be self-motivated and take responsibility for his/her career development in Sentech
- Be prepared to do FM, TV and RF competency tests as part of career progression (where applicable)
The job responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain equipment and infrastructure on Sentech sites and client’s premises
- Install equipment and infrastructure on Sentech sites and client’s premises
- Maintain operational information and finance systems
- Produce technical reports when required
- Play an active role in the improvement of facilities, standards and development of systems
- Function as part of a technical team
- Take responsibility for the training, mentoring and coaching of other team members
- Perform standby duties as required by the Operations Centre.
Sentech will give preference to suitable candidates who add to the cultural and gender diversity of the company.
IF you are interested and meet the required criteria as described above, please send your CV on/or before 21 September 2012 [email protected]
Human Resources Department, Private Bag x06, Honeydew 2040
The learners will be placed in the following, areas: Polokwane, Ermelo,
Johannesburg, Kroonstad, Vryburg, Vryheid, Vredendal, Durban,
East London, Cape Town, George, Bloemfontein, Middelburg and
Closing Date: 21 September 2012