Employer: The Focus Group
As a Service Operations Managerin the Client Services – Service Management team, you will act as a custodian of relationships both internally within the client, and externally with and between customer support teams and vendors. The Service Operations Manager plays a critical role in the coordination and delivery of operational support to the customer, and is seen as an extension of the client’s IT Operations team. The primary function of the Service Operations Manager is to provide the customer with a single touch point. The SOM consistently strives to improve and strengthen the customer’s perception of service quality, through dedicated support expertise, and consistent communication.
What we will expect you to do:
- Coordinate a Monthly Operational Summary Report which includes:
- A network Capacity Analysis Summary
- A review of outstanding and implemented changes and their net effect on the customer’s “services cape” (Group of procured services)
- An analysis of recurring incidents and a summary of outstanding problems and their respective resolution status
- A summary of all escalations for the month and their associated resolution/s
- A summary of applicable SLA metrics and performance statistics
- Produce AD HOC Reports dealing with operational issues which could include:
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents
- Reason For Outage (RFO) statements
- Run in parallel with the documented escalation Process
- “Own” escalations pre-, during, and post incident, ensuring regular and timely feedback is provided to the client throughout the lifecycle of the escalation
- Coordinate and manage all technical conference calls, analysis sessions, and post incident reviews for P1 Escalations’ and between engineers, 3rdParty Vendor support teams and customer support teams
- Act as the service representative to the customer on all operational issues regarding the assigned portfolio
- Interact with and coordinate between all support teams internal within the client, and external within the customer, and bridge the divide between the client, vendor, and customer during escalations
- Interact with report writers and Service Delivery Managers to fuel effective reporting and analysis
- Ensure that SLA’s are understood and adhered to, noting areas of improvement or concern
- Record agenda’s and minutes of meetings regarding technical investigations throughout the escalation lifecycle
- Focus on driving down P1 calls and expediting support to improve MTTR per incident
- Ensure that customer and personal notification profiles are kept up to date at all times
- Ensure that Technical Contact Lists and Vendor escalation matrices are kept up to date and disseminated appropriately amongst all relevant support structures
- Adhere to the documented support and escalations process, and communicate to all stakeholders
- Work in tandem with support teams and escalations managers
- Own and manage feedback to the customer at all times
- Champion the client Service Experience in every engagement with the customer
- Assist with the compilation, management and improvement of the client-customer service portfolio.
- Manage the touch points between these process areas, including coordination between teams, all communication channels both internally and externally to customers. Act as the custodian of the customer relationship during interaction with these process areas. Compile and disseminate the required collateral per process area.
- Assist the relevant stakeholders with analysing the customer’s network demand, capacity utilization and service performance. Make recommendations on optimising where appropriate, based on statistical analysis and forward planning.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Matric (Grade 12) Certification
- IT related degree or Diploma from a recognised institution
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- 5 plus years’ experience in IT service operations environment, including:
- Knowledge of contract management
- Experience in implementing best practice methodology to drive organizational effectiveness
- Knowledge and technical aptitude for internetworking and VPN solutions, MPLS technology and network topology.
- Experience in providing customer support over the phone and vie e-mail
Key abilities required:
- Collaborative, open communication style
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team orientated
- Autonomous, driven, focused, and hands-on
- Analytical and pattern-aware
- Stress tolerant
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Apply before Sunday, March 22, 2015
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.