Siemens Sales Engineer Jobs: High Viltage Products
Job ID: 139549
Job Family: Sales
Location: MDR J
Organisation: Energy Sector
Mode of Employment: Full time only
What are the Responsibilities of the position?
Sales Engineer is responsible for correct implementation of the sales strategy with a view to attaining a defined New Order with the corresponding profitability in his or her region/country for High Voltage Products business.
Internal: Business Unit Management, Divisional Management, Strategic planning department, HQs, Manufacturing Units, project manager, project management department other Siemens Sectors and Divisional, Supply Chain Management, Legal etc.
External: Customer (Utilities/Industry), Consultant, Consortium partners, sub contractors etc.
- Establish, intensify and lever reliable long term relationships with the customer (f).
- Regular contact with relevant customer personal(f)
- Analyzing the market, competitors and customers(f)
- Maintaining Sales database(f)
- Communicating market demands for the product portfolio team to the PLM process(s)
- Drawing up sales concepts,business plans and strategies(f)
- Market launch of the product portfolio(f)
- New Orders planning and forecasting in compliance with the Business Unit regulations(P)
- Identifying business opportunities and sales channel (P).
- Identifying potential customers, understanding their order placement strategies and their decision makers and decision-making processes (f).
- Determine the market price or the budget price for specific bids/projects.(f)
- Drawing up pre-qualification documents(f)
- Performing the LOA process in conformity with guidelines and in compliance with the Business Unit regulations (P).
- Determining the target price for specific bids/projects(f)
- Supporting and coordinating technical clarification of the bid until placement of the order(f)
- Conducting Contract negotiations up to signing of the order(P)
- Submitting the signed order to project management (f).
What do I need to qualify for the position?
- Must have technical knowledge for High Voltage Products i.e. Circuit Breakers, Surge Arrestors, Instrument Transformer, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Bushings, Reactors.
- Customer knowledge incl. customer key processes specifically ESKOM
- Selling techniques
- Market trends & competitor knowledge in relevant sectors.
- Proposal Management (ESKOM is must)
- Project Management
- Contractual Knowledge
- Presentation & facilitation skills
- Negotiation & communication methods.
- Risk management
- Claim Management
- Intercultural Skills
- Transmission & Distribution systems
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Click here to apply online
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.