Are you a dynamic, forward thinking individual who lives and breathes “digital”. Love social media? Passionate about travel, volunteering and experiential education? Love to craft and curate content? We want you!
GVI’s Social Media and Content Manager will be responsible for managing all social media platforms, and will oversee all content activity and strategy implementation in order to drive traffic, engagement, leads and sales.
This passionate individual will work closely with the Director of Marketing to ensure all marketing strategies are implemented and content is aligned with GVI’s SEO and GVI wide strategies, and will be expected to sustain and develop the company’s voice across all channels.
This exciting role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management skills and a comprehensive understanding of social media and content management will be required.
- Management of GVI’s established social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google +, YouTube, Vimeo) and potentially additional channels such as Snapchat and Periscope etc.
- Interest in the latest social media platforms, news, trends and measurement tools and making recommendations to optimise GVI’s reach and engagement, in line with the overall GVI Strategy.
- Listening and engaging in relevant social discussions across all of our channels, including answering pre-sales questions.
- Running and engaging in regular social promotions and campaigns and tracking their success, such as Twitter chats and LinkedIn conversations
- Implementing social media tactics that are aligned with our SEO strategy.
- Setting and meeting goals for each social media campaign and platform
- Development and management of the GVI Content Marketing Calendar, including all social media scheduling.
- Contribution to the GVI Content Marketing Strategy, and development of standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing
- Guiding a team of content writers, providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content
- Growing blog subscribers and expanding the overall blog’s reach
- Keeping the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing.
- Writing and sending regular email newsletter content and managing various email campaigns, including the content, template designs, calls-to-actions and managing subscribers.
- Developing a wide knowledge base of GVI’s programs and locations, as well as keeping up to date with GVI’s activities, events and achievements in the field (via GVI Achievement Reports, hub specific social media platforms, testimonials etc)
- Overseeing and developing the overall design of all social media platforms, landing pages and content marketing materials.
- Other ad hoc duties to support the marketing team as required, such as producing and optimising website content for new programs, campaigns and landing pages.
- Supporting the Marketing Team in administrative tasks
- A super fun, but hard-working personality!
- Passion and a strong understanding of the industry and our mission.
- Experience managing and growing a range of social media platforms
- Excellent communication and creative skills, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Exceptional grammar, attention to detail, organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing strategies and tactics.
- International travel experience
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- A degree in marketing or other relevant qualifications
- An active and well-rounded personal presence on social media
- Past experience of email marketing concepts, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- A background in education or the youth travel industry
- Experience volunteering or working for GVI
- Experience with tools such as Trello, MailChimp, Coschedule, WordPress
- Design experience
Based at our Cape Town office, just South of Table Mountain. This wonderful location is an incredible place to live and return to following your travels.
- Local, competitive salary commensurate on experience
- International site visits for exceptional performers
- Please note that position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
- Social Media Marketing
- Community Management
- Digital Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Brand Awareness