OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE: Account Executive (TELCO)
The generation of sales in the target market through the selling of the full Software AG solutions set as well as the management of key account relationships where relevant. In addition the development of new business in both existing (through additional projects) and net new accounts as defined by the strategic direction of the team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A self-starter with a hunger to excel and the ability to work well within a team environment.
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic individual who is goal orientated and a proven history of over-achieving.
- The ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- A well-presented individual.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office product set (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact and present to all levels within an organization, including EXCO.
- Proven track record of negotiation and deal closing across large and corporate accounts, within time constraints of forecasted opportunities.
- Track record of handling deals larger than R5,000,000 AND EXCEEDING REVENUE TARGETS!
- The development strategic relationships with key players in the market to aid you in creating the new customer base. This will include formulating new business alliances and partnerships where necessary and leveraging existing personal and corporate contacts.
- The management and continued growth of existing key accounts to set annual revenue targets.
- Responsible for closing business in respect of software and consultancy sales into identified target market according to the forecasted period and according to the forecasted values.
- Responsible for ensuring you have a full understanding of the customer’s business and solution requirements to engage at a business executive level on issues such as strategic driver enablement, process optimisation and value delivery from IT initiatives. This will include being able to justify the required expenditure in terms of return on investment.
- Demonstrable ability to be able to engineer the commercial elements of a multi-faceted proposal in terms of customer’s budget, IFRS revenue yield, NPV and payment terms to the client.
- Ensure you remain fully knowledgeable with respect to the Software AG solutions and the business value offered by them.
- Strategic and conceptual selling using a business solution selling approach into your prospects.
- Maintain a clear understanding of, and manage your customers existing and/or new contracts. This will include being able to conduct contractual negotiations with the assistance of the Sales director and SAG Legal counsel.
- Maintain an up to date forecast within the Software AG sales management system (SalesForce.com) and ensure that your manager remains fully appraised of all opportunities in terms of the country forecast.
- Ensure all processes such as the Global Deal Desk (GDD), PriSe Server and IFRS revenue recognition spreadsheets are completed accurately and timeously for all opportunities prior to contract finalisation.
- The management of all requisite office administration.
- Regular maintenance and updating of account plans and opportunity plans for your customers.
- Together with the Sales Director, the development of sales strategies for new business opportunities.
- Proven track record in developing accounts into significant revenue streams.
- Understanding of prospect’s business and corresponding solution requirements.
- Work in conjunction with pre-sales team to provide “best solution”.
- Generate professional proposals, presentations and/or business cases based on business opportunities uncovered timeously. (Bid management team available to assist on large opportunities).
- A demonstrable understanding of your vertical sector and the business issues and trends found within this sector.