Posted on :
22 Jun, 2010
22 Jun, 2010
SAB Ltd is the South African beverage arm of SABMiller plc, with our corporate headquarters based in Sandton, Gauteng. We have 7 production operations across South Africa and distribute 15 beer and fruit flavoured alcoholic beverage brands to liquor retailers via a national network of 42 depots, 10 independent beer distributors and 2 BEE empowerment franchise distributors.
SAB’s soft drinks division is Amalgamated Beverage Industries (ABI), the largest producer and distributor of Coca-Cola brands in Southern Africa. With five state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in South Africa, ABI accounts for approximately 60% of Coca-Cola’s sales in South Africa.
We employ 8500 South Africans across our Beer and Soft Drink Divisions. Our Beer Division delivers to 23 000 customers nationwide, while our Soft Drink Division services over 40 000 direct and 1500 indirect active outlets.
We are looking for engineering trainees with the best technical smarts to learn and contribute in a high performing professional engineering environment – assessing and making informed decisions regarding plant equipment – reviewing equipment designs ensuring sustainability and apply the latest methods of machinery maintenance in our manufacturing processes. This career opportunity will offer you professional and personal growth opportunities which will unleash your potential as an engineer.. You have the right ingredients if you have a BTech/ BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering combined with an unquenchable desire to learn, grow co-ordinate engineering activities and exceed your own life expectations.
Join our powerful world of opportunity and purpose! Get drafted at www.sabcareers.co.za
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
· principles of mechanical engineering
· where mechanical expertise fits in broader mechanical/engineering context
· apply mechanical engineering techniques and practices within a specific mechanical area
· apply theoretical, problem-solving and lateral thinking in the design of new machines, equipment or mechanical systems
· communicate sound mechanical engineering insights and solutions to the rest of the team
· participate in mechanical team structures
· diagnose mechanical problem
· interface with other engineering disciplines to meet functional and/or project management objectives
· high energy levels
· Positive thinking orientation
· Keen interest in problem solving
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
SAB Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Suitable candidates will be given preference in line with SAB Ltd employment equity plan.
Only attach a Word format CV to your application.
DO NOT attach academic transcripts or any documents at this point in time.