Posted on :
4 Jun, 2013
4 Jun, 2013
A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Financial Admin Officer at Table Mountain National Park. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial administration in the park with support to the Cape Region and report to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be based at the Tokai plantation offices of TMNP.
Key performance areas include:
• To provide an effective management of revenue and expenditure;
• To check adherence to compliance to the relevant legislation, internal and external finance policies, processes and regulations;
• To ensure that all creditors, debtors and other financial transactions and invoices are captured and processed timeously;
• To monitor that all transactions in the financial application have been posted (corporate);
• To monitor and keep all face value registers up to date;
• To ensure that all payments of creditors have been done timeously according to set rules and regulations (corporate function);
• To ensure that all applicable contracts are known, recorded, traced, followed up and paid timeously;
• To ensure that all records are maintained and filed according to the approved filling plan;
• To check and close the batches before payments can be done, and;
• To supervise and develop the human capital of the section. Minimum Inherent Requirements:
• A Diploma in Financial Accounting with 3 years relevant experience;
• Fully computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Packages;
• Applicant must be flexible and have the ability to meet deadlines and work without supervision.
• A working knowledge of relevant legislation, including SANParks Policies, Procedures Guidelines and Practices, PFMA; and added advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Valid Code 08 driver’s license is essential;
• A fair amount of travel is required to the other parks in the Cape Region.
A cost to company remuneration package based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson C3 job grade will be offered.
Persons who meet the abovementioned requirements can forward their application, accompanied by a Cover
letter, CV, certified copy of ID, Driver’s License (if applicable) and relevant qualifications to the following
Table Mountain National Park
P O Box 37
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 086 576 8162
NB: Only quote the following Reference Number “TMNP/170093” in the subject line of your electronic application (email) as well as in your application cover letter.
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
PATERSON GRADING: C3
REF: TMNP /170093
CLOSING DATE: 15 JUNE 2012