- Conceptualise, design, develop and produce designs for print and electronic communications for SARS Communication uses. Assist in establishing and maintaining a professional database of all SARS graphics and campaigns.
- Conceives ideas, concepts, designs and campaigns; work with other teams in the creation of multifaceted communication materials for print, and other mediums for a variety of instructional, promotional, development, and recruitment projects
- Work with project managers to provide for design of products, , and monitor quality control.
- Develops concept and creates art.
- Operate a computer or uses traditional techniques for a variety of graphic design activities, including desktop publishing and layout, illustration, and prepares files for various mediums.
- Creates and develops media advertisements using digital art and photographic techniques.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced experience and knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration; operation of Appel Mac computer and current graphics software programs; principles and techniques of typesetting, color theory digital printing and photography; printing processes, various types of ink, paper stock, and other supplies used, their characteristics, uses and limitations; electronic desktop publishing equipment and techniques (such as form design and layout techniques)
Education & Experience:
- 3 year Diploma in Graphic Design
- 5 years relevant experience in graphic design; web design, and DTP
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Written Communication
- Conveys ideas and information in forms such as presentation of audio, text, pictures, diagrams, photos, etc.
- Corporate Communications Strategy
- Ability to create reports for various SARS stakeholders as relevant, in a lucid and effective manner, keeping in mind the purpose of the reports
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating model
- Shows an ability and willingness to align own behaviour with the needs, priorities, and goals of SARS
- Commitment to continuous learning is the commitment to think about current and future development needs
- Degree, to which one analyses problems, makes decisions and thinks innovatively
- Communicates effectively in both the written and verbal format. Delivers clear, succinct messages and ensures understanding of others message
- Must be able to display and build the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct in order to promote confidence and trust in the organisation
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 11/01/2014