- Conceptualise, design, develop and produce designs for print and electronic communications for SARS Communication uses. Assist in establishing and maintaining a professional database of all SARS graphics and campaigns.
- Conceives ideas, concepts, designs and campaigns; work with other teams in the creation of multifaceted communication materials for print, and other mediums for a variety of instructional, promotional, development, and recruitment projects
- Work with project managers to provide for design of products, , and monitor quality control.
- Develops concept and creates art.
- Operate a computer or uses traditional techniques for a variety of graphic design activities, including desktop publishing and layout, illustration, and prepares files for various mediums.
- Creates and develops media advertisements using digital art and photographic techniques.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced experience and knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration; operation of Appel Mac computer and current graphics software programs; principles and techniques of typesetting, color theory digital printing and photography; printing processes, various types of ink, paper stock, and other supplies used, their characteristics, uses and limitations; electronic desktop publishing equipment and techniques (such as form design and layout techniques)
Education & Experience:
- 3 year Diploma in Graphic Design
- 5 years relevant experience in graphic design; web design, and DTP
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Written Communication
- Conveys ideas and information in forms such as presentation of audio, text, pictures, diagrams, photos, etc.
- Corporate Communications Strategy
- Ability to create reports for various SARS stakeholders as relevant, in a lucid and effective manner, keeping in mind the purpose of the reports
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating model
- Shows an ability and willingness to align own behaviour with the needs, priorities, and goals of SARS
- Commitment to continuous learning is the commitment to think about current and future development needs
- Degree, to which one analyses problems, makes decisions and thinks innovatively
- Communicates effectively in both the written and verbal format. Delivers clear, succinct messages and ensures understanding of others message
- Must be able to display and build the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct in order to promote confidence and trust in the organisation
Apply online before 11/01/2014
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE NEW JOBS BY EMAIL AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.