SARS Vacancies – South African Revenue Service (SARS): Graduate Trainee Recruitment Programme (GRP)
The South African Revenue Service (SARS) was established by legislation to collect revenue and ensure compliance with tax law. Its vision is to be an innovative revenue and customs agency that enhances economic growth and social development, and supports South Africa’s integration into the global economy in a way that benefits all citizens.
South African Revenue Service (SARS) is the tax administration for South Africa. Naturally, students who have done a B.Com degree or a 3 year National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, IT, Law, Risk management, Economics and Statistics are our first priority. However, all final year students and recent graduates are welcome to apply. For students who are studying towards a CA qualification, SARS can also provide you with SAICA accredited article training
In accordance with the South African Revenue Service Act 34 of 1997, the service is an administratively autonomous organ of the state: it is outside the public service, but within the public administration. So although South Africa’s tax regime is set by the National Treasury, it is managed by SARS.
SARS aims to provide an enhanced, transparent and client-orientated service to ensure optimum and equitable collection of revenue.
SARS can offer you an opportunity to develop your potential. If you are a person with positive learning attitude and enjoy working in a team, this training programme can be a good starting point for you. Application is open from 1 April to 31 August every year. Interviews and selection processes will begin from September to December. If you have not heard from us by 30 November for an interview, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- 12 – 36 Months contract : this depends on business needs
- Graduate will work as a trainee – not as an employee
- Graduate will be assigned a mentor for guidance and support
- Graduate’s performance will be reviewed on a regular basis
- Graduate may apply for a permanent position towards the end of the contract –
- There is no automatic appointment upon expiry of contract; Graduates will apply through normal SARS recruitment procedures
Please submit this application form together with certified copies of your ID, Senior Certificate and Full Academic Records to the Graduate Career Centre at your university as soon as possible. They will post them to SARS Head Office on a regular basis.
You may also post your application directly to SARS Graduate Recruitment Programme at Brooklyn Bridge, Hilton House, Ground Floor, 570 Fehrsen Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria. If you have other queries, please contact us at (012) 422 4255, (012) 422 4299 or (012) 422 4209
- Print out and complete the application form
- This form is also available at the Graduate Career Centre at your university and at Career Exhibitions
- Attach certified copies of your ID, Senior Certificate & Full Academic Records to the application
- Hand the complete pack to Graduate Career Centre at your university or if you prefer
- Post the complete pack directly to SARS Graduate Recruitment Programme at Brooklyn Bridge, Hilton House, Ground floor, 570 Fehrsen Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria.
- Application closes on 31 August annually. Late and incomplete applications will not be processed.