Standard Bank Vacancies: Provincial Sales Consultant
Standard Bank Vacancies
Location: Northern Cape
Job Title: Consultant, Provincial Sales, SBIS
Ref No: 1519364/4151
Location: Kuruman Local Market Northern Cape (South Africa)
Salary: Market Related Salary
To support the provincial manager/supervisor in achieving the provincial (personal and commercial) sales targets, income and profit budgets by way of managing the behaviour of staff and relationships with group company staff in branches, loan centres, VAF and Pro-active teams through training, support and motivation. To ensure on-going and successful sales and distribution of Insurance and Bancassurance products through the branch network (branch including business staff, loan centre and VAF and pro-active teams). To implement sales plans/actions and identify sales opportunities.
Key Result Areas:
Achieves excellent customer experience targets. Achieves inspired, motivated, involved people targets. Achieves penetration and sales targets. Achieves economic profit and cost to income targets. Achieves relationship survey targets.
Matric & Driver’s licence (role requires travelling).
At least 2 years Standard Bank/SBIS Sales experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Sales management.
- Oversee the sales performance across all products, both general, credit life and commercial.
- Clearly understand sales targets set and influence and drive the achievement of SBIS sales targets with all customer facing/sales staff.
- Ensure that Standard Bank Insurance Services (SBIS) cross-selling takes place in new and existing business, within the branch.
- Plan and execute exciting, innovative SBIS related sales tactics.
- Market and provide information on the full range of SBIS products to customers to optimise cross-sell.
- Identify gaps/anomalies and develop ideas to rectify and improve performance.
- Assist in the development and repositioning on new product initiatives.
- Provide timeous feedback to the pro-active teams on queries/complaints and sales statistics.
- Analyse MIS to understand where the sales gaps, are within the products and the different channels.
- Advise and share best practices, tactics and actions plans with sales staff to close sales gaps.
- Handle basic activities/queries that fall within the policy terms and understand impact of actions on other areas of the business (claims/underwriting/sales).
- Differentiate between product features and benefits based on customer needs.
- Relationship building. Constantly maintain a professional environment and celebrate successes.
- Build and maintain relationships with key players and group companies and collaborate and integrate with them.
- Attend regular meetings with pro-active teams Access agents, Personal Solutions Consultants (PSC), Employee Banking, Business Hunters, and Personal Banking Hunters.
- Attend regular meetings with branch teams (Branch, Loan Centre, VAF and business bankers/managers).
- Participate in the branch/Business Banking/VAF/Access bank centre and all proactive teams’ connects sessions.
- Effectively use the connect session as a forum to present various SBIS products to the stakeholders.
- Build knowledge at the connect sessions, manage the overall process of attendance, convene meetings, minute, monitor performance, facilitate discussions and debate.
- Utilise the forum as a vehicle for formulation and implementation of business strategy.
- Service all complaints, in respect of the products.
- Support other business units and other departments within SBIS.
- Apply knowledge, resources and experience to resolve problems.
- Take personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Ensure staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
- Integrate all members of the team into a harmonious unit committed to the team vision and direction within the team (Intra-team).
- Encourage, clarify, and show the team how to reach common and shared goals (work is done in team context).
- Foster team spirit through competitiveness.
- Identify and act upon potential sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
Identify gaps/anomalies and develop ideas to rectify and improve performance.
Assist in the development and repositioning on new product initiatives.
Utilise the forum as a vehicle for formulation and implementation of business strategy.
Identify and act upon potential sales opportunities.
Apply knowledge, resources and experience to resolve problems.
2 years Standard Bank/SBIS Sales experience.
at the connect sessions, manage the overall process of attendance, convene meetings, minute, monitor performance, facilitate discussions and debate.
How to apply for Standard Bank Vacancies:
Click on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online
Deadline: 06 July 2013