Posted on :
18 Jul, 2014
18 Jul, 2014
Component: Budget Revenue and Expenditure and Monitoring and Reporting (5 positions), Cape Town
Department: Department of Transport and Public Works
Reference number: TPW 30/2014
To provide an integrated, effective and efficient budget planning system in respect of revenue and expenditure.
• A suitable and recognised B-degree (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 6;
• A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a management accounting/ financial accounting environment.
• Experience in a Management Accounting field.
Key performance areas:
• Budget planning and preparation for a Programme;
• Budget monitoring and reporting on expenditure for a Programme;
• Adjustments Estimate for the Programme;
• Annual financial statements.
• Knowledge of the following:
o National, Provincial and Departmental policies, prescripts and practices regarding financial matters, especially the Public Finance Management Act;
o Budget Management, compilation and reporting procedures;
o Policy formulation and the ability to interpret and apply policy;
• Working knowledge of BAS (Basic Accounting System) and PERSAL;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
• Advanced computer literacy especially in Excel;
• Report writing and formulation skills;
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
For any technical challenges on how to apply, please contact the Technical Support Team at 0861 227/337.
SALARY: R 227 802 – R 268 338 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 8
CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Ms M Nicholas at (021) 483 4896
Salary R 227 802 – R 268 338 per annum
Click here to apply online
Closing Date 2014-07-25