Statistical Analyst Vacancies
Purpose of Role:
- Interpret and translate business intelligence requirements into knowledge delivery, building and maintaining technical business intelligence delivery tools and provide continuous technical and analytical support.
- Identify opportunities within the company data that could lead to an increase in the company’s overall profitability.
- Grade 12
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Statistics / Mathematics (i.e BSC in Statistics)
- Experience required within a retail credit risk management environment would be advantageous.
- Must have proven experience in:
- Data analysis/information management/knowledge management/statistical analysis/data mining and/or predictive modeling utilizing a data warehouse and flat file structures
- Working within the framework of accepted project management methodologies
- Effective translation of business requirements into Business Requirement specifications and further to Functional specifications
- Knowledge of table and database structures would be a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of late stage collections , SAS, SQL and / or Qlikview would be advantageous
- High level technical understanding of and exposure to different operating systems / databases / programming languages would be required
- Computer literate, with advanced MS Excel / Access essential
- A degree of programming skill
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical, problem identification and process analysis skills
- Proven ability to investigate, analyse, design and deliver business solutions based on user requirements
- Adaptable to change
- Structured thinking and approach
- Client service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to cope under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be proactive
Closing Date: 2013/06/08
Province: Western Cape
Reference Number: #5527
How to Apply for Stellenbosch Jobs
To apply for this position, simply email your CV to the address below.