Posted on :
10 Sep, 2015
10 Sep, 2015
Stats SA provides Internship in various Fields of Study for 2016/17.
Stats SA provides scientific knowledge that enables society to understand complex socio-economic phenomena.
It draws its mandate from the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No 6 of 1999). Stats SA strives to excel in the following five competencies:
● Intellectual capability to lead the scientific work of statistics
● Technological competence for purposes of largescale processing and for complex computations and accessibility of information to the public
● Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness
● Political competence in understanding the political environment without being political or Politicised (commitment of delivery without fear of favour)
● Administrative competence: The ability of bringing it all together.
To qualify for the internship programme, you must –
● A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF 6) in the above-mentioned fields. Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a Degree or National Diploma should not apply.
Please note that only applications submitted on our Internship form 2016/17 available on www.statssa.gov.za will be considered
● Correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only
● Statistics South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment
● Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Head Office, Pretoria: Post to the Manager: Recruitment and Appointments, Statistics SA, Private Bag X44, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver at 167 Delta Heights Building, corner Madiba and Thabo Sehume Streets, Pretoria.
Applicants can hand deliver their applications to the closest provincial office.
Closing Date: 18 September 2015