Posted on :
5 May, 2014
5 May, 2014
Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
· Manages, develops, and implements programs composed of multiple cross functional projects. Partners with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion
· Leads multiple cross-functional projects that may comprise a program from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
· In very large programs this role could include the responsibility to work with business and functional leaders to define tangible and measurable business outcomes and to lead the program iachieving those business outcomes.
· Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
· Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
· Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
· Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; identifies alternatives or solutions; applies motivational techniques to broad-based organization change issues.
· Leverages experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
· Ensures that project documentation is complete; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
· Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams
Required Skills & Experience:
Significant level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
College, university, or equivalent degree required
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Job Type Experienced – Professional / Office
How to Apply