A vacancy exist for a Supply Chain Supervisor at our Kimberley Branch. This position will report to the Branch Services Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of assets, including welding products, bulk and cylinder gas stock and cylinder work stock.
The ideal applicant should have a relevant tertiary qualification in supply chain, logistics or inventory management. A sound understanding of Afrox systems, products and processes will be an advantage.
Experience in managing people, good communication skills, attention to detail, self motivated, initiative, results orientation and computer literacy are a prerequisite for this position Experience in SAP would also be required.
Further competencies include visible leadership, customer focus and cross cultural communication & co-operation
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Supervising the SHEQ process in the Supply Chain team to achieve safety targets, sustain improvements and ensure safe handling and security of stock and assets.
- Maintain sound communication channels within the supply chain team and with other departments to ensure customer centric service in the area.
- Taking ownership of the branch DIFOT and RIFOT measure and co ordinating the efforts of the branch team to ensure that these measures meet or exceed company targets.
- Ensuring that the branch supply chain team are fully competent by providing training on an ongoing basis.
- Controlling the administrative functions at the branch to the required standards.
- Controlling the Retail function at the branch to the required standards.
- Ensuring performance management contracts and IR practices are in place.
- Control of working capital by maintaining optimum stock cover and ensuring stock losses and stock error ratings are kept within acceptable company limits.
- Supervising the welding, bulk gases cylinder inventories and administrative duties to ensure that the company inventory targets and performance measures are met.
- Utilising company reports as a management tool to control inventory and administration and ensure the branch adheres to supply chain standards.