Posted on :
2 Oct, 2014
2 Oct, 2014
Western Cape Government Recruitment
• A National Diploma in Survey or Cartography or relevant qualification;
• Compulsory registration with PLATO as a Survey Technician/Surveyor;
• A minimum of 3 years post qualification technical (Survey) experience;
• A valid driver’s licence (code B).
• Experience with cadastral data calculation and compilation, 2D/3D Cad (MicroStation, uSmart, Civil Designer) and expropriation sketches will be advantageous;
Key performance areas:
• Compilation and provision of cadastral data, information and plans in digital and hardcopy formats for topographical survey mapping, expropriation, and support systems;
• Preparation of expropriation plans and sketches, as well as topographical survey drawings, using MicroStation CAD, uSmart and Civil Designer;
• Quality control of outsourced cadastral compilation and calculations to ensure compliance with prescribed TMH11 standards;
• Quality control of outsourced expropriation plans and sketches to ensure compliance with prescribed standards;
• The provision of technical expertise and advice to the private and public sectors relating to cadastral and expropriation data.
• Knowledge of the following:
o The norms and prescribed standards of TMH 11;
o Survey design and analysis;
o Research and development;
o Technical report writing;
• Proven computer literacy (computer aided survey applications);
• Communication (written and verbal) skills;;
• Spatial perception and Technical skills;
• Planning and organising skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit originally certified copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 222 150 – R 340 539 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: OSD – offer will be based on post qualification years’ experience after registration.
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Mr P Spence at (021) 483 5481