Posted on :
21 May, 2012
21 May, 2012
This is a senior position requiring 5 or more years relevant experience, a ‘hands-on’ role covering all aspects of IT software system creation, maintenance and management.
The purpose of this role is to develop, enhance and maintain a Policy Administration system using COBOL, with all new modules being developed using web and .NET.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Studying the current business processes to gain an in-depth understanding of what is required;
• Responsible for certain aspects of the software development cycle: from analysis and design, programming, testing and implementation, to user training and documentation.
• Designing the program logic to meet the functional requirements as specified and deciding on the best coding techniques to ensure optimum program performance, maintainability, and ease of use, whilst adhering to existing programming standards;
• Create program documentation;
• Testing and correcting each program individually and within the suite of programs;
• Producing Change Management information;
• Assisting in the development of enhancements to existing systems;
• System maintenance;
• User support.
• Extracting data and producing Management Information Reports (Crystal experience advantageous).
• Do any other task as directed from time to time to gain additional experience.
• Builds and maintains relationships with team members.
• Minimum Matric and 5+ years relevant experience, preferably with a relevant B-degree/diploma in Information Technology or National diploma in IT or Data Metrics;
• Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of PC with Windows;
• Proven COBOL programming experience using indexed files and/or relational database, preferably with Java/web experience and .NET;
• Knowledge of Life Assurance or Financial systems would be an advantage
This is a permanent position in Durbanville, Cape Town. Please forward your CV to [email protected] Closing date is 25 May 2012. Only candidates that comply with minimum requirements will be contacted.