Systems Engineering Careers
The CSIR’s unit for Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) provides a national defence science and technology capacity, supplying knowledge, advice and solutions in the area of defence and in matters of national security. Specifically, it aims to provide a defence evaluation and research capacity for the National Department of Defence and Military Veterans.
DPSS has vacancies for Systems Engineers who are able to perform traditional systems engineering within the unit. The posts resides within the unit’s Integrative Systems Group which is responsible for overseeing systems engineering across competencies within the unit.
- Scoping, requirements analysis, architecture, verification and validation, and systems engineering management;
- Leading performance analysis and validation of models for trade-off studies;
- Conceptual problem definition and problem solving;
- Coordination of task resources with clients and subject matter experts in various disciplines and transferring knowledge to engineers and analysts;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering. A Master’s level degree in either engineering, project management, engineering management or system engineering will be advantageous.
- At least 3 years systems engineering experience.
- Working knowledge and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of systems engineering approaches from requirements, architecture, design and analysis of complex systems to system life-cycles.
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Working with a team of experienced system engineers.
The following will be advantageous:
- 5-7 years’ experience in engineering management.
- System engineering tools.
- Experience in research and development for the defence industry.
- A strong analytical capability and a scientific approach to problem solving.
- Independent worker and team player.
- Good communication skills.
- A track record of delivering on brief, on budget and on time while working under pressure is essential.
- Ability to grow effective relationships with specific clients and competency area managers, while driving the organisation toward a quality-centred culture.
- Work in military research environment that serves both local and international client and stakeholders.
The candidates should be able to work with a team of experienced system engineers, taking ownership of their part of the project. They should have good communication skills and will be expected to grow effective relationships with specific clients. A track record of delivering on brief, on budget and on time while working under pressure is essential.
South African citizenship is necessary as a security clearance is required for this position.
How to Apply for Systems Engineering Careers
Click on the “Apply Now” button below or here to apply online