A limited number of bursaries
are awarded each year to selected candidates to study for a national diploma at a South African institute of technology. The intention of the scheme is to provide the Gold Fields Limited group with high calibre diplomates who wish to make their career
in one of its companies.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION
• be South African citizens and under or turning the age of 21 during their first year of study (applicants for first year of underdiplomate study) and under or turning (or have been under the age of, or turned) the age of 23 during their second year of study (applicants for second and subsequent years of underdiplomate study)
• be studying or intending to study full-time towards a national qualification at a recognised South African institute of technology that is acceptable to GFL
• be able to provide proof of their academic results for grade 11 and progress in grade 12(National Senior Certificate) or alternatively be in possession of a grade 12 (National Senior Certificate) exemption certificate with Mathematics and Physical Science with an achievement level of 6 or, under the old Matriculation System, with Mathematics and Physical Science HG D or SG C symbols or tertiary results
• be in possession of a Medical
Certificate of Fitness or be fit enough to obtain one
• be accepted by the institute of technology for the diploma course as recorded on the bursary
In terms of the projected manpower requirements, bursaries will only currently be considered for the
• Extraction Metallurgy
• Chemical Engineering
• Mine Survey
• Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current and Light Current)
The scheme is only offered for a National Diploma or National Technical Diploma qualification (where
BURSARY SELECTION PROCEDURE
(1) Application forms will be sent to those applicants intending to study or already studying in a field related to the Group’s
projected manpower requirements (see above).
Note: This bursary is now closed for 2012. Application acceptable are for 2012
Contact Details: Gold Fields Technikon Bursary Scheme
P O Box 3718,9000 Windhoek Namibia
Who can apply: Bursaries available for Learner Official Schemes in the following disciplines: Metalliferous Mining, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Geology, Extraction Metallurgy and Mine Survey. Block release system – 6 months employment/6 months technikon. Must work for the Company for period of 6 months for each year of bursary received on completion of diploma.
Closing date: 31 July – for completed forms.