Posted on :
20 Jun, 2011
20 Jun, 2011
The Merchandise Planner analyses customer activity, forecasts sales, controls purchases and formulates budgets.
Person requirements To apply for this position you need:
• A degree in Business Science or B.Com
• Majors in Finance, Statistics, Economics and or Maths would be advantageous
• To have displayed a strong entrepreneurial style, i.e. display strong trader mentality
• A keen/strong interest in retail
• An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
• An analytical, detailed and strategic approach to problem solving
• To be able to work your way through a highly structured development process whilst on training
• To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
• Able to work independently as well as within a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
• To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
• Resilience and emotional maturity
• Superb organisational and planning skills
• To enjoy working with numbers
• A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Degree requirements Business Science: Finance, Statistics, Economics and or Maths
How to apply Please apply online at www.iamme.co.za by 16 July 2010. Only online applications will be accepted.
Subject(s) Business, Finance, Management and Accountancy
Social Sciences and Economics
Any Numerate Subject
Location(s) Cape Town
Start date January 2011