Posted on :
17 Mar, 2011
17 Mar, 2011
This is an outstanding opportunity, whether you are experienced or entry level, to start a rewarding career selling advertising, while working for one of the nation’s leading media and events partners. As an advertising sales representative, you will sell advertising on assigned projects (print, online or other) and are responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned sales targets on each project. You will be responsible for a sales goal on several projects simultaneously and have the opportunity to work independently toward personal goals while being part of a team.
This is a high activity inside sales position that offers an uncapped, industry-leading commission structure AND a two year guaranteed wage plan. Your opportunities for professional growth don’t end here – in addition up to two weeks of initial training we invest in ongoing training for tenured sales reps, provide opportunities to lead sales projects and promote our leaders from within. Strong support, professional development and careeradvancement, it’s all here for an Advertising Sales Representative at Topco
Founded in 1994, Topco media and events partner for more than 3000 Organizations in over 100 sectors innovative communication tools andintegrated media solutions that will synergize their,online, print and event needs.
We take pride in fostering a culture that promotes a work environment dedicated to individuals working together to achieve a common goal. Your success is our success as supported by our continued revenue growth in a down economy! Our operating values are grounded in a commitment to honesty and integrity, ongoing improvement, excellence, exceptional customer service, strategically focused goals and initiatives, promoting a fun and caring work environment, development of a professional work environment and state of the art management practices. Topco offers you an opportunity to succeed in our financially strong and growing company. Ready to be part of our elite sales team? Apply today!
We take pride in fostering a culture that promotes a work environment dedicated to individuals goals
Our ideal candidate must be a self-motivated overachiever with a strong desire to succeed. Our inside sales representatives come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from entry level, career changers and experienced sales reps. Success does not hinge on precise work experience, although knowledge of advertising sales is a huge plus. Other requirements include:
• Two year degree required, but bachelor’s degree in a relevant area preferred. Work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
• Prior inside sales experience, developing both new accounts and servicing existing accounts is preferred. However, entry level and non-sales experience is okay too!
• Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person”)
• Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
• Excellent verbal/written communication, strong negotiation andpresentation skills
• Highly disciplined, independent, entrepreneurial, confident, well organized self- starter
• Team oriented, adaptable, coachable, dependable, with a strong work ethic
• Initiate sales and marketing calls to prospective or current clients and documents sales efforts by appropriately using call logging system and/or CRM module
• Develop advertising leads for ad sales by using a variety of lead sources, including the Internet, publication library, public library, etc and records leads in CRM
• Gain in-depth knowledge about assigned industries, associations and the purpose of marketing assigned publications.
• Use the internet, company marketing and research materials and other resources to increase effectiveness of sales presentations
• Quote rate information, provide media kits and other relevant information to prospective clients