Posted on :
18 Jul, 2014
18 Jul, 2014
Core Title: Transport Safety Facilitators (3 positions available)
Component: Land Transport Safety Management, Land Transport Safety Promotion, Cape Town
Department: Department of Transport and Public Works
Reference number: TPW 28/2014
To co-ordinate, facilitate and implement land transport safety interventions provincially in the N1, N2, and N3 corridors.
• A suitable and recognised B-degree/ Diploma (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 6;
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a Project Management/ Project Facilitation/ Facilitation/ Public Speaking environment;
• A valid code B driver’s licence.
• Willingness to travel and work irregular hours;
• Ability to function under pressure, work well independently and within a team.
Key performance areas:
• Initiate Land Transport safety interventions through the provincial corridors or provincial wide;
• Coordinate, facilitate and implement Land Transport Safety interventions in support of strategic objectives;
• Maintain a risk matrix assessment for the projects with monthly review reports;
• Organize and implement information sessions with law enforcement agencies on legislative frame work;
• Convene project planning meeting with relevant stakeholders and assist with the development of project plans with detailed budget plans;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Land Transport Safety interventions and conduct impact assessment
• Identify critical gaps and elevate to management as for the projects reviews.
• Knowledge of the following:
o All legislation, regulations and policies impacting Land Transport Safety;
o Public Finance Management Act;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
• Proven computer literacy (Ms Office, Ms Project, Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Internet);
• Excellent Presentation skills;
• Sound organising and planning skills;
• Report writing skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
For any technical challenges on how to apply, please contact the Technical Support Team at 0861 227/337.
SALARY: R 270 804 – R 318 984 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 9
CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Ms B Mboya at (021) 483 7853
Salary R 270 804 – R 318 984 per annum
Closing Date 2014-07-25