Posted on :
13 Jun, 2016
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine. Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. We have a vision of sustaible growth that aims to double the size of our business, whilst halving our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact. Our Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
If you would like to learn more about Unilever – the no.1 Top Employer in South Africa – and our BrightFuture ambitions, take a look at this video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywn_raDQlrg
JOB TITLE: Sales Co-ordinator
JOB LOCATION: Polokwane
DEPARTMENT: Customer Development
RELOCATION TERMS: Open to SA citizens only!
Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the Key Distributor:
Sales Management and Trade Execution.
• Activation initiatives across all channels covered by the Distributor. Oversees the 3rd party merchandising team. Responsible for the interface between Sales and Customer Marketing resources covering Home Care, Personal Care and Foods. Conducts Promotion and Merchandising training to Key Distributor Salesmen and Merchandisers.
• Break down annual sales target into monthly, weekly and daily target, create a localised sales plan to achieve the target; monitor sales performance to ensure target achievement as planned. Drive execution of cycle activities.
• E ffectively translate Point of Purchase objectives into store level implementation plans specifically for channels and customers. Sell the POP vision to customers and channels and ensure the execution
• Ensure in-store operational excellence including qualitative in-store presence of our brands, in-store visibility and assortments.
• Compile competitor activity (new products) report and pricing surveys, monthly.
• Sales Capabilities Building
• Ensure distributor sales reps and merchandisers have the right capabilities, skills, resources and information to deliver Unilever’s objectives.
• Track and analyse the sales implementation to ensure compliance to set guidelines, and to take prompt action to correct problems.
• KD Sales Manager to build and maintain productive customer relationships by maintaining regular (formal and informal) customer contact, organising customer meets, developing and implementing customer recognition programs.
•K now Key retail customers in depth – their business aspirations and goals, their business thumb print key business drivers and barriers. Develop strong relationship with key customers and strategic retailers to be dominant at the market.
• Conduct Structured Commercial Selling Techniques in order to effectively execute and align plan from business partner in customers via distributors. Travel with sales team 4 days a week.
Perfect Store and Trade Execution:
• Ensure Merchandisers follow the daily PJPs.
• Ensure flawless implementation of Merchandizing activities in the market.
• Devise strategy for implementation of merchandising plans in the defined territory.
• Review / monitor achievements against the plans.
• Plan and review proper execution at POP for activations.
• Evaluate and time feedback on time to Distributor/Field team regarding the status of the activities.
• Ensure execution of activity adheres to brand guidelines.
• Ensure efficient utilisation of POS material as planned to get maximum visibility.
• Implement the agreed Planogram in all Perfect Stores / merchandising outlets.
• Set targets of the activity within the framework to meet the objective of the activity.
• Get evaluation data/feedback from third party(BMI) on Perfect Store audits, identify issues and put a plan of action.
• Ensure proper warehousing & recording of POS material at distributor.
• Conducts Promotion and Merchandising training to Key Distributor Salesmen and Merchandisers
• Coach and develop new merchandisers.
Diploma advantageous and driver’s license with minimum 2 years Sales, Promotion and Merchandising experience in FMCG
CLOSING DATE: 20 June 2016
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
For further information about this position please call 0800980612.