Posted on :
16 May, 2014
16 May, 2014
The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria is seeking individuals for the position of Voucher Examiner in the Financial Management Office.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS EACH SELECTION CRITERION DETAILED BELOW WITH SPECIFIC AND COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION SUPPORTING EACH ITEM. Items 1- 5 are ALL REQUIRED
* Post Matric education requirement may be substituted with two additional years of progressive work experience in stated disciplines. Please see section below.
– Minimum one year of experience in payment processing, voucher examination, accounting, business is required.
OR: In the absence of two years of post-secondary studies or college level courses in accounting, finance, business, minimum three years of work experience in payment processing, voucher examination, accounting, business is required.
– English level IV (fluent) reading/writing/speaking is required. This will be tested.
– Complete knowledge of voucher processing and examination procedures is required.
– Sound understanding of the program regulations and contract terms for voucher examining is required.
5. Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to identify applicable regulations, interpret complex and technical regulations, and apply these regulations to the voucher examination process is required.
– Ability to read and interpret detailed technical regulations, guidance, and provisions of contracts/grants to make determinations, with minimal supervision is required.
– Good communication skills both oral and written are required.
– A strong working knowledge of computer spreadsheet software and accounting systems is required. Basic math skills will be tested.
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite is required. MS Excel 2007 intermediate level will be tested.
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent serves in the Voucher Examination Section, which provides support for Regional Southern Africa and its client Embassies (Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Malawi and Zimbabwe).
The incumbent audits, reviews and examines the most difficult and complex multi-source funded contracts, grants and cooperative agreement payment documents for goods and services relating to multiple agencies project / program, general activities, operating expenses, international and entitlement travel vouchers, and US Direct Hire employees benefit and allowance payments. This includes vouchers, invoices, advance requests, and advance liquidations in US dollars and local currencies from multiple countries.
Basic Salary Range: R161,629 – R226,276 per annum
Cash Benefits Range: R25,083 – R30,470 per annum
Non-cash benefits include medical, pension and others where applicable
How to Apply
Closing date: May 19, 2014 (Close of Business)
For more details on the Application and Selection process, please go to:
Please note that this link will take you to the p-net site.