The H Band : Executive Assistant role is based within VBA
The role of the Executive Assistant, is to provide administrative and support function to Managing Executive and the various EHODs within Vodacom Business Africa. Assist in creating a high performing team by supporting the wider teams and ensuring team communication, activities and celebrations
Your responsibilities will include:
- Email and Diary Management:
- Maintain the Managing Executive of Division’s diary and schedule appointments.
- Communication (Oral and Written):
- Screen and direct incoming calls to relevant person/department
- Provide secretarial support at various meetings and record minutes.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, service providers and VIP guests.
- Organisational and administrational support including Office maintenance:
- Co-ordinate events, meetings conferences, seminars, workshops and management strategic workshops, for the ME of the Division and the Executive Heads
- Coordinate team building and conference activities.
- Relationship Management and Team Culture
- Maintain a close working relationship with other divisions within the wider Vodacom business units and relevant Vodafone business units.
- Understands importance versus urgency of issue, and who needs to be addressed or informed
- Knows what should be confidential and demonstrates a high level of discretion
- Proactively suggest and lead activities to help build team culture and maintain work-life balance for all team members. Be the teams’ champion for celebrating success and important personal and professional events.
- Project Support
- Takes on specific projects on behalf of the ME and the business
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge and understanding
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years Executive Assistant experience
- Minimum 2 – 3 years Business Administration experience in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with EVO
- Matric is essential
- Secretarial certificate/ diploma qualification is essential
- Diploma of any other discipline would be
- Ability to pay attention to detail is important
- Computer Literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential and a team player
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and embraces change
- Ability to work independently
- Results orientated and self-motivated
- Business awareness of Online, sales, service, marketing and finance is essential
- Team cohesion ability
The base location for this role is Midrand,
Vodacom is an African mobile communications company providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to around 50 million active customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our operations to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo (‘DRC’), Mozambique and Lesotho.
Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone, one of the world’s largest mobile communications companies by revenue. We’re listed on the JSE Limited and our head office is in Johannesburg, South Africa
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.