Posted on :
22 Jul, 2010
Vodacom, South Africa’s Leading Cellular Network, is on the lookout for talented, energetic and dedicated people to weave the Vodacom magic! This may be YOU!
Vodacom is an award winning company and has expanded into Africa. The company is driven by The Vodacom Way which embodies a spirit to win, to deal straight and to sincerely care about everything we do! Vodacom firmly believes that it can enhance people’s lives and empower them. Most of all, those who work for Vodacom will seek to do the impossible. This creates a dynamic and exciting work environment offering opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Vodacom South Africa is seeking o recruit Radio Installations Specialist Engineer
• To provide quality assurance of installed BSS equipments and integration of new BSS equipments in the Vodacom network
• Scheduling and Implementation of new BSCs,TCEs, PCUs, UTRANs, Nobe B, BTSs, Micro-cells, Mobile Sites, WiMax
• To conduct final quality acceptances on all installed BSS sites.
• To co-ordinate installations contractors to ensure correct project management.
• To oversee external contractors with regard to installation of different BSS equipment
• To test and accept the installations of BSS equipments by contractors
• Project manage implementation of new technology in the network
• Provide technical support to Project Management, P&O and Maintenance Divisions
• Research and Development in infrastructure installations
• Telecommunications Technology
• Radio Equipment
• ISO Standard
• Test Equipment
• GSM Network
• GPRS Network
• UMTS Network
• WiMax Network
• Contractor Management
• Project Management
• Installations Principles
• Transmission Networks
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Application of Installation Principles
• Detail Consciousness
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Technical Dexterity
• National Diploma/ Degree in Electrical Engineering (S4,T3,N6, B Eng) or NQF Level 5 &/or 6 equivalent – Essential
• Minimum 3 years experience in GSM, Radio Installations and Transmission Networks (Essential)
• Project Management experience (Desirable)
***Please note that the onus lies with the candidate to provide us with substantial evidence to prove that his/her qualification is equivalent to the required NQF (National Qualifications Framework) level for the specific position***
• Code 8 drivers licence (Essential)
**PLEASE NOTE: CV’s that are submitted without a full and comprehensive work history will not be considered for this position**
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Response Deadline: 25/7/2010