The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Traffic Diploma
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B;
- Applicant must be physically fit,
- Candidates must be presentable for this particular portfolio;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the
appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview,
knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards
- One year or more driving experience will be an advantage;
- As these positions are targeted at the youth of the province, candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference.
- Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations;
- Provide visible traffic control / policing and promote / ensure crime prevention activities;
- Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
How To Apply
- Download Z83 form (Official Application form). The form must be completed in full.
- Application questionnaire. Complete all Questions on this form and add the documentation where required.
Additional documentation: Question 2 and 3, Your Senior Certificate, Your Drivers Licence
Additional documentation: Question 4 and 5, Proof of your Residential Address
- Application method explained. This is a short summary of the phases that will take place.
The two abovementioned forms (Z83 and Application Questionnaire) need to be completed in full and added to your CV. You can then post or hand deliver your documents to one of the below addresses:
Gene Louw Traffic College Private Bag X5 Brackenfell 7560
Gene Louw Traffic College
Closing Date:19 June 2015 at 16h00