Websense, Inc.(NASDAQ: WBSN), a global leader in integrated Web, data and email security solutions, provides Essential Information Protection™ for more than 44 million employees at organizations worldwide. Websense South Africa is recruiting a Sales Engineer to be based in Johannesburg, GT
There has never been a better time to join us!
Responsible for technical pre sales engagements in line with regional sales targets. Focus of the Pre Sales Engineer position is primarily on working new opportunities and cross selling to key accounts. Additional focus is on developing and expanding customer loyalty, increasing brand awareness and generating additional up-sell opportunities. Position works directly with Sales Territory Managers, customers and Partners. Extensive travel throughout region required.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance for sales opportunities to customers and partners. Including proof of concept installations, troubleshooting and knowledge transfer to Websense partners.
- Assist in closing business in line with sales targets.
- Perform product overviews, technical briefings and demonstrations at customer and partner sites.
- Provide reporting on customer account status and field activities to Sales and Product Management.
- Conduct technical client meetings and provide written and verbal communication to the client including formal tender responses.
- Work closely with customers and partner in the design and implementation/integration of the Websense products.
- Work on Channel Enablement to help develop pre and post sales skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent related experience.
- Experience: 3+ years experience as a Pre Sales Systems Engineer calling on resellers and corporate customers.
- Experience working to sales targets and working with sales reps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for hardware/software systems implementation.
- Flexibility with travel.
- Strong background in presentation skills to resellers, end users and large audiences.
- Strong commitment to customer loyalty/satisfaction.
- Experience in installation and configuration of network security products such as proxies, firewalls, anti-virus or intrusion detection systems.
- Strong hands-on experience with most of the following technologies required: TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, Network Administration, DNS/DHCP, Proxy Servers, Windows, Novell, Directory Services, SQL, Unix, Linux.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: Cisco and Proxy technologies.
Click here to apply to Websense South Africa.