Posted on :
5 Jan, 2017
5 Jan, 2017
Closing Date: 20 January 2017
Start Date: 1 April 2017
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) project will provide matriculants from the class of 2016 with work experience and training in one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments beginning 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2018. During this time you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your expenses.
• You have written the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2016, and only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered; • You are not going to study further in 2017; • You are a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape Province; • You are between the ages of 18 and 24; • You are not sure of the next step after school.
• You have no network or support to help you make career choices; • You are financially constrained.
Key Performance Areas
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments: • Department of the Premier; • Department of Agriculture; • Department of Community Safety; • Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport; • Department of Economic Development and Tourism; • Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning; • Department of Health;
• Department of Human Settlements; • Department of Local Government; • Department of Social Development; • Department of Transport and Public Works; • Provincial Treasury;
• Western Cape Education Department (WCED).
Why should you apply?
• You will acquire skills and work experience that will make you more marketable to future employers. • You get contactable references on your CV. • You will have career awareness exposure to assist you to make informed career choices together with a network to support and guide you.
Applicants who do not have access to computers are encouraged to make use of the following internet facilities to complete the online application:
• Your local library; • Your local Thusong Service Centre; • The Khanya laboratory at your local government/public school; • E-Community Forums and e-Centres in rural towns; • The Western Cape Government Walk-in Contact Centre; • An internet café.
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape; • Proven computer literacy (MS Office); • Ability to operate office equipment;
• Planning and organising skills.
applications will open on Tuesday, 3 January 2017 and close on Friday, 20 January 2017. You can therefore apply even before the results are available. Only attach your CV (preferably in MS Word). Other documentation like your ID can also be attached with your CV.
Only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered. The final results will be verified with the Western Cape Education Department. Also, other personal information and documentation will be verified in terms of legislation.
If you experience any difficulty in applying, please contact the Support Team at 0861 145 465.