Posted on :
3 Oct, 2014
3 Oct, 2014
To ensure the delivery, maintenance and support of technology based solutions in the Planning, Allocation and Replenishment environment in order to satisfy business requirements in line with the business strategy. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town City Centre.
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL
• 5-8 years relevant management experience
• 3 year IT qualification
• 5 plus years of Oracle PL/SQL development
• Proven experience and skills in Oracle performance enhancement
• Good working knowledge in Oracle Database concepts and maintenance
• Good working knowledge in Batch Configuration and design skills using Appworx
• Commercial and customer-centric focus
• Thorough working knowledge of end-to-end IT processes and methodologies (including programme and project management and analysis
and design methodologies) relative to retail industry in particular Planning, Allocations and Replenishment is essential.
• Leadership and relationship management skills
• Broad understanding of IT services and infrastructural elements
• Good working knowledge of ERP systems administration, UNIX & Windows environments advantageous
• Good working knowledge and experience in JDA Applications, configuration and integration methodologies
• Good working knowledge of integrated systems architecture
• Good understanding of the SDLC
• Communication skills
• Application management skills
• Project management skills
• Relevant retail and business knowledge
o Understand themselves and the impact they have on the people they interact with and the organisation culture and
o Adjust their behaviour accordingly.
o Plays a leading role in driving sustainable transformational initiatives at an operational level
o Is recognised by their leadership, peers and reports as competent and can hold their own with leaders in their field.
o Builds strong networks and strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders and
o Engages and connects people to enable delivery of BU operating plan.
o Are consistent in their decision making and owns the consequences thereof due to strong business understanding and commercial knowledge.
o Demonstrates attention to detail and reacts to commercial and customer issues within their operation.
o Effectively manages people to execute BU operating plan.
o Manage delivery in a positive and consistent way that creates challenging growth experience.
• Plan projects and priorities in line with ITS strategy and relevant business requirements
• Provide resource and budget estimates as input into ITS planning and budget process
• Lead a diverse dedicated team of (mainly Oracle) technical resources to effectively deliver within budget and on time
• Coach, mentor and share experience to improve competence and performance of team
• Provide input into the one year operating plan
• Provide input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation
• Capacity Planning, trend analysis and long term forecasting to ensure future demand on infrastructure, technology and services are met
• Build and nurture effective relationships with business counterparts, suppliers and IT colleagues
• Ensure operational sustainability of systems
o Systems management
o Systems maintenance
o Systems implementations and upgrades in accordance with agreed application management and development standards and methodologies
• Drive issue resolution in order to ensure SLA’s are met
• Give input into and manage Technology Roadmaps
• Manage Planning & Execution IT Infrastructure
As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions
How to Apply