Posted on :
24 Jul, 2012
· B.comm degree or equivalent will be advantageous
· Familiar with Financial reporting, GAAP /IFRS, Company’s Act and Tax Act, PFMA.
· Aviation related experience in the financial field an added advantage
· Must have good planning , organizing and communication skills
· Hard worker/diligent
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
· Resilience – ability to work under pressure
· Eager to learn
· Excellent planning and problem solving
· Computer literacy (MS Office)
· Must pay attention to detail
· Deadline Driven
· Service orientated
· Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
UMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist the procurement department with cost benefit analysis; ie buying vs leasing
· Tagging of assets and annual physical verification of fixed assets
· Perform monthly reconciliations between AMASIS and SAP
· Perform monthly reconciliations between the furniture and fittings asset system and SAP
· Ensure that depreciation is processed every month
· Ensure that all CAPEX purchases are recorded in the financial system and Fixed Asset Register
· Ensure that all CAPEX disposals are recorded as such and removed from the Fixed Asset Register
· Ensure that all C-Check related costs such as labour hours spent on aircraft and materials are capitalized per accounting policies and depreciated over the relevant period
· Perform Work In Progress reconciliations monthly and ensure that the ageing of the items on the account is 30 days.
· Investigate and make recommendations on transactions exceeding 30 days on WIP, and escalate all transactions above 30 days to Senior Management.
· Ensure that capital items on the WIP account are transferred on time monthly upon receipt of the CAPEX related documentation from the Creditors Department.
· Monitor transactions processed by creditors on the Materials account for any misallocations.
· Ensure that the interfaced transactions between Amasis and SAP are accurate and improve the interface between the two systems.
· Ensure that a report is received from IT/Technical on all issued materials for the month and that these are recorded in the financial records.
· Assist the Senior Management Accountant with any other duties as requested
· Assist the external auditors with queries relevant to fixed assets and inventory
· Conduct an asset audit and verification as and when requested
· Asset valuation and residual values
· Ensure proper disclosure of fixed assets in the annual financial statements
· Updating fixed asset policy
· Preparing a weekly report flagging long outstanding orders
· Managing the clearing accounts
· Timely resolution of queries from other departments
· Ensure sound relationship with other departments
· Ensure compliance in Financial Reporting, Procurement and Capex related activities, Company’s Act and Tax Act PFMA and Tender process
· Analysing capital budgeting requests
· Provide guidance to management on factors impacting on prices and profitability if requested
No internal applications will be registered without the completed (signed) 1 page internal application form that is available in ‘public folders’
If you have not received communication within 14 days from the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Appointment to this position would be done in accordance with
SA Express Employment Equity target and policy