Save the Children South Africa has a zero tolerance towards the abuse and exploitation of children by any of our representatives, and we are equally committed to doing everything within our power to avoid unintended harm or accidents to children as a result of any of our activities.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Occupational Level / Grade: 13
Nature of Contract: Permanent
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Reporting to this post: None
Location/Base: Pretoria Head Office
Travel Requirements: Adhoc national travel
Budget Responsibilities: None
Asset Responsibilities: Own assets and those used by others
The Procurement Specialist oversees the activities of the procurement department and is responsible for purchases and monitoring of internal procurement systems.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Following & enforcing the company’s procurement policies & procedures
- Receiving of requisitions for RFQ’s
- Sourcing of the relevant number of quotations as per policy threshold values and as per specifications submitted.
- Receive and peruse quotations, evaluate quotations in conjunction with the requesting department, put quotations on a comparative basis.
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing & approving products & services to be purchased
- Maintaining & updating supplier information such as delivery times, product ranges etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations & negotiating contracts
- Researching & evaluating prospective suppliers
- Processing the purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices to Finance
- Facilitating system approvals for internal requisitions raised on the system.
- Review Invoices and GRN’s processed in the system for payment, ensuring that the information is adequate and accurate.
2. Supplier database:
- Maintenance of the supplier data base.
- Vetting of new suppliers.
- Maintain supplier contracts.
N/B The employee will be required and expected to execute any lawful instruction given by the line manager or delegated person.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Matric/Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Procurement
- At least 2 – 3 years’ procurement experience within the NPO/NGO Space
- Knowledge of PFMA and PPPFA
- Knowledge of P2P Process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent administrative skills
- Driver’s licence
Send Cv to Receiving email address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 28 October, 2019